Market Research Report - 269546
Emerging Drug Delivery Technologies, Profiles of Start-ups and Early-Stage Companies
MCD Group continuously researches and monitors emerging drug delivery
technologies and has compiled this report to profile some of the innovative
developments at younger, emerging companies. The report focuses on start-ups
and smaller companies that tend to be less well known, but are expected to
gain momentum as they advance their technologies and produce significant
clinical data. All of the companies profiled have interest in forming new
partnerships or receiving funding to enable further development and eventual
commercialization of their technologies.
The report features profiles of 62 companies, a majority of which were founded
in the past five years. Most are located in the United States; however a few
profiled companies are based in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Approximately
50% of the companies are affiliated with a University, and ten companies have
initiated human clinical trials.
Collectively, the emerging companies profiled in this report are focused on 11
different therapeutic categories. Oncology is the leading focus among
companies investigated, and approximately 25 percent of the companies profiled
are developing proprietary technologies designed to improve delivery of
macromolecules/biologics. Another 25 percent of the companies are focused on
novel delivery devices, ranging from inhalation and nasal devices, to more
patient-friendly injectable systems. All of the companies investigated are
developing technologies that could potentially transform drug delivery in one
or more therapeutic areas.
For each company profiled, the following information is provided:
- Detailed Technology Description
- Development Status / Pipeline Products
- Patents and Publications
- Partnership and Funding Opportunities
- Business Development & Licensing Contact
Examples of Technologies Presented:
- Mini-pump for subcutaneous delivery of IV medications
- Targeted nanoparticle micelles
- Antibody-targeted liposomes
- Abuse-deterrent delivery system
- Dry powder particle processing technology
- Oral capsule technology for biologics
- Nanovesicle delivery system for delivery across the blood-brain barrier
- Timed-release intra-ocular implant device
- Non-invasive aerosol device for brain drug delivery
- Extracellular drug conjugate technology
- Nanoparticles and novel device for CNS and inner ear drug delivery
- Next-generation auto-injector technology
- Nanopolymer drug conjugates
- Microneedle patch system
- Pocket-sized ultrasound delivery device
- Biodegradable, topical drug patch
Sample of Companies Profiled
|Convoy Therapeutics||Orbis Biosciences
|Corinthian Ophthalmic||Qrono, Inc.
|Inspiro Medical||ZetrOZ, LLC
Reasons to Buy
- Identify early stage delivery technologies that will potentially
“enable” the delivery of your therapeutic compound
- Learn about investment opportunities with emerging companies, to gain
access to promising, early stage technologies
- Identify novel drug delivery formulations available for partnering, to
enhance your product portfolio
About MCD Group, LLC
We specialize in life science industry reports and customized consulting
services for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and drug delivery companies. The
company's industry reports provide timely and accurate technology and market
intelligence, and can serve as a valuable tool in the identification and
evaluation of drug delivery product and technology partnering opportunities.
Table of Contents
- Figure 1: Featured Companies by Year Founded
- Figure 2: Featured Early Stage Technologies by Delivery Route
- Table 1: Sample of Emerging Parenteral DDS Companies
- Table 2: Sample of Emerging Delivery Devices in Development
- Table 3: Ten Novel Pipeline Products of DDS Start-ups
- Table 4: Emerging Companies by Therapeutic Focus
- ABsize, Inc.
- Affinity Therapeutics, LLC
- AiroMedica, LLC
- AlignBioscience Laboratory, LLC
- Alitair Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Aquarius Biotechnologies
- Axxia Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Blend Therapeutics
- Centrose, LLC
- Civitas Therapeutics
- Clearside Biomedical, Inc.
- Convoy Therapeutics
- Corinthian Ophthalmic, Inc.
- Cristal Delivery, B.V.
- Dance Pharma
- DLVR Therapeutics
- Ekteino Laboratories, Inc.
- EnduRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Engineered BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Entrega, Inc.
- Extend Biosciences, Inc.
- FluGen, Inc.
- GrayBug, LLC
- Impel Neuropharma
- Inspirion Delivery Technologies, LLC
- Inspiro Medical, Ltd.
- Intensity Therapeutics, Inc.
- iVeena, LLC
- KAER Biotherapeutics
- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Keystone Nano
- LaserLeap Technologies
- Lauren Sciences, LLC
- LyoGo, LLC
- Lypro Biosciences, Inc.
- NanoMedical Systems, Inc.
- NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- On Demand Therapeutics, Inc.
- Orbis Biosciences, Inc.
- OtoMagnetics & Weinberg Medical Physics
- Oval Medical Technologies
- PolyActiva Pty, Ltd.
- PolyPid, Ltd.
- ProLynx, LLC
- Prometheon Pharma, LLC
- ProSolus Pharma, LP
- Prosonix, Ltd.
- Quiet Therapeutics
- Qrono, Inc.
- Ratio, Inc.
- Respira Therapeutics, Inc.
- scPharmaceuticals, LLC
- SipNose, Ltd.
- Solstice Biologics, LLC
- SpherIngenics, Inc.
- Versartis, Inc.
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ZetrOZ, LLC
|Emerging Drug Delivery Technologies, Profiles of Start-ups and Early-Stage Companies
|Published: May 31, 2013
||From USD 1995