The age of Multiscreen Video - that is, the ability to watch video where one
wants and on a screen of one' s choosing - is here. The results of MRG' s 2011
survey of Tier-3 and -4 Operators indicates that these industry leaders view
Multiscreen Video services as a feature that will soon become a
“must-have.” Accordingly, these Operators are planning for the
day, in the not too distant future, when they can free their customers from
the constraints of location when viewing the programming they provide.
Operator' s Motivation for Multiscreen Video
Source: Copyright c 2011 MRG, Inc.
Highlights of the survey results:
- Multiscreen Video will become a “must-have” within three years.
- Lack of wireless spectrum topped the concerns about possible impediments
to offering Multiscreen Video services.
- At the same time, respondents indicate that wireless carriers may be the
biggest competitors in this space. Satellite, with its national footprint, is
not to be overlooked.
- Understanding how to bundle Multiscreen Video services was another concern
among survey respondents.
- Most believe Multiscreen services will not be a large stand-alone revenue
subscription source, although there are hopes for other models, such as
advertising to develop.
- Based on the responses, it seems like the opportunity is wide open for the