Despite recent and ongoing obstacles to growth, such as changes to treatment recommendations, challenging reimbursement environments, and negative publicity surrounding significant products, the US market for orthopedic biomaterials will show sustained and improving growth comparable to other large orthopedic markets.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for orthopedic biomaterials in the US across a 10-year period.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- In 2014, growth of BGS revenue in the spinal fusion segment continued to be hampered by declining use of Medtronic's INFUSE growth factor product.
- Within spinal fusion procedures, which material segments will benefit from declining utilization of growth factor products
- How will growth of the overall BGS market be impacted by ongoing hindrance of its largest revenue procedure segment
- The FDA recently granted approval to Wright Medical Technology's Augment Bone Graft product for use in certain extremity procedures.
- How will the launch of this product impact revenue growth in the extremity surgery space over the forecast period
- What other key products are expected to gain FDA approval over the forecast period
- In mid-2013, AAOS issued revised treatment guidelines for osteoarthritis of the knee recommending against the use of HA viscosupplementation.
- How will this set of guidelines impact treatment volume growth in the US HA viscosupplementation market
- How will market revenue for non-knee applications of HA viscosupplementation growth over the forecast period
- The ongoing adoption of nonbone IBDs will negatively impact the use of machined bone IBDs, and thus revenue growth in this market.
- What factors will drive the uptake of nonbone IBDs through 2023
- For which approaches are machined bone IBDs likely to see significant growth or decline
- Despite a lack of consensus in the clinical data surrounding cell concentration systems, procedure volumes will continue to show moderate growth.
- Which orthopedic procedure segments generate the highest proportion of cell concentration system unit sales
- What strategies are competitors of varying sizes using to expand product penetration and market share in this market
Geographies Covered: US.
Market Forecast Features: Based on primary research with industry professionals, Millennium Research Group uses its proprietary forecasting model to provide an in-depth examination of current and future trends in procedure volumes, unit sales, ASPs, and market values over a 10-year period (2013-2023).
Competitive Analysis: Millennium Research Group provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape and market shares for leading competitors.