Despite ongoing obstacles to growth, such as changes to treatment recommendations, challenging reimbursement environments, and negative publicity surrounding significant products, the US market for orthopedic biomaterials will show sustained and improving growth comparable to other large orthopedic markets.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for orthopedic biomaterials in the US across a 10-year period.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- The BGS market continues to be negatively impacted by ongoing issues surrounding INFUSE, although the introduction of new products, such as i-Factor and Augment, will help offset this trend.
- Which material segments will benefit from declining use of growth factor products?
- How will growth of the overall BGS market be impacted by this change in product mix?
- The recent and continuing introduction of products and expanded indications in the HA viscosupplementation market will drive market growth.
- How will the introduction of new products help offset the negative recommendation against HA injections by the AAOS?
- How will the nonknee market segment expand following the anticipated approval of these indications?
- Despite a lack of consensus in the clinical data surrounding cell concentration systems, procedure volumes will continue to show moderate growth.
- Which orthopedic procedure segments generate the highest proportion of cell concentration system unit sales?
- What strategies are competitors using to expand product penetration and market share in this market?