The US heart valve device market is large and growing, driven by the continued adoption and launch of THV devices, as well as an aging population.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for heart valve devices in the US across a 10-year period.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- In 2015, both Medtronic and Edwards Lifesciences received approval for new devices and indications for their TAVR products.
- How will the approval of TAVR for valve-in-valve procedures affect the US heart valve market?
- What impact will these new TAVR devices have on market growth?
- Has the competitive landscape shifted with the availability of these devices?
- Several large heart valve companies acquired TMVI technologies in 2015.
- When are TMVI devices expected to enter the US market?
- Do any of these companies have a competitive advantage in the TMVI space?
- How will TMVI coexist with TMVR?
- Tissue heart valves and surgical annuloplasty repair devices face competition from THV devices.
- How will the new transcatheter technologies affect the surgical repair and replacement device markets?
- What are some strategies that manufacturers have used to mitigate the impact of THV devices on surgical heart valve product lines?