Because the growth of more mature orthopedic markets is beginning to slow due to a variety of challenges in the US health care system, the strong growth potential of the orthopedic extremity device market will be an area of focus for many orthopedic manufacturers.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for orthopedic extremity devices in the US, with market projections 10 years into the future.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- The expanding orthopedic extremity device market has been particularly affected by recent merger activity, with Stryker acquiring Small Bone Innovations, as well as the pending Zimmer acquisition of Biomet and the pending merger of Tornier and Wright Medical Technology.
- How has merger and acquisition activity altered the competitive landscape in the US market?
- What other organic and inorganic growth strategies are companies employing to gain market share?
- Growing indications for reverse shoulder arthroplasty are contributing to strong market growth in the dynamic and rapidly-changing reconstructive implant market.
- How are other types of shoulder implants affected by the strong growth of reverse shoulder implants?
- What impact will stemless shoulders have when they are available in the US?
- Economic issues and new health care legislation-such as the PPACA - have had a tremendous impact on the pricing of orthopedic extremity devices, leading to price pressures.
- Which device segments will face the greatest pricing pressures?
- What impact has the excise tax had on the extremity market, and how will the market be affected by the potential repeal of the tax?
Geographies Covered: US.
Market Forecast Features: Based on primary research with industry professionals, Millennium Research Group uses its proprietary forecasting model to provide an in-depth examination of current and future trends in procedure volumes, unit sales, ASPs, and market values over a 10-year period (2013-2023).
Competitive Analysis: Millennium Research Group provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape and market shares for leading competitors.