This report can help in:
- Assessing the world market for disposable exam and surgical gloves, growth
segments and opportunities.
- Understanding market drivers and restraints, market segmentation, market
shares and competitive segmentation.
- Strategic planning and competitive strategy.
- Identifying opportunities for partnerships and alliances.
- TheWorld Market for disposable medical gloves is estimated to have reached
over $3 billion in revenues in 2011. Growth over the next few years will
continue at a CAGR of 4.9 percent.
- Key Product Segments: Exam gloves and Surgical gloves. Exam gloves,
account for about 67 percent of the gloves market. Powder-free latex gloves
led both segments.
- Key Drivers: Growing healthcare needs across the world; demand for higher
priced synthetics (nitrile exam gloves and surgical gloves made of nitrile,
polychloroprene and polyisoprene).
- Key Restraints: Inflated raw material and fuel costs have been causing
revenues to plummet; concerns over allergies are impacting sales of latex
gloves, particularly powdered latex; vinyl gloves have limited demand due to
inferior barrier protection, tactility and comfort; entry barriers are greater
in established markets due to more stringent regulation and strong foothold of
large players who hold long-term contracts.
- Leaders: Ansell, Medline Industries, Cardinal Health, Kimberly-Clark,
Molnlycke, Sempermed and Top Glove.
India - Powder-Free (PF) Latex Surgical Gloves
(Units, ASP, and Revenues) - 2010-2018
©2012 Marketstrat, Inc., All Rights Reserved
- Publication Date: September 2012
- No. of Pages: 302 pages; 154 data tables; 128 charts
- Regions Covered: US, Latam, Europe, Japan, China, India, ROW
- Company Profiles: 92 Companies
- Market Estimates/ Forecasts: Revenues ($) and Unit Sales for 2010-2018
- Product Segments:
- By Material and Application - Exam Gloves (PW latex, PF latex, Vinyl,
Nitrile); Surgical Gloves (PW latex, PF latex, Synthetic including nitrile,
polyisoprene and polychloroprene).
- By Geograhpic segment - US, Latam, Europe, Japan, China, India and ROW
- By Care Location - Hospitals and Clinics, Long-term care facilities,
Outpatient Surgical Centers, Physicians' offices, Dentists', Clinical labs,
and Veterinary clinics.
Marketstrat specializes in Medical Market Research.We assist companies with
market, technology, and best practice strategies & intelligence, through a
unique combination of published reports, solutions, and services.
Our strengths include: a deep understanding of the medical devices value
chain, state-of-the-art data collection tools, and a robust research