This 8th Edition report analyzes current and upcoming programs for the
wireless backhaul and trunking via satellite market. A new market segment,
Video Offload, is also assessed for the first time ever in the
industry, a segment which could offer emerging opportunities for satellite
companies to offload mobile video traffic in all markets. All three segments
are analyzed in terms of market prospects, both from a qualitative and
The three inter-related yet distinct market segments should provide market
players within an increasingly complex ecosystem with a strategic roadmap
whereby service, bandwidth and equipment forecasts indicate strategic risks
one could take today in order to tap future revenue opportunities.
HTS forecasts are enhanced in this latest edition as well where frequency
breakout is assessed and quantified. The upcoming rollout of Intelsat EPIC NG
necessitates such a breakout, which could signal whether other HTS market
entrants could or should potentially adopt an EPIC-like market entry strategy.
This complete analytical tool will help readers track the development
and advances of this evolving market. It will help answer fundamental
questions about satcom services such as:
- Is Video Offload a real proposition over the short-to-medium term
or is this an offering that should be tapped in the distant future?
- Which technology offerings or satellite programs are the most
compelling today and over the long term for these three distinct market
- Can satellites play in the 3G/4G market? If so, what solution(s)
are the best fit?
- Where are SCPC and TDMA headed?
- What is the overall effect of HTS, MEO-HTS and Wideband Ka-band?
- Who are the key players, and what is their market differentiator?
- What is the role of satellite technology currently and over the long term
for each regional market for backhaul, trunking and video offload?
Which regions provide the best prospects over the next 10 years?
- What is the expected take-up rate per wireless offering, and what
are the implications for satellite equipment for each market segment?
- What level of satellite bandwidth demand is likely to be required
in each regional market for the provision of wireless backhaul, trunking and
video offload services?
- What is the impact of wireless broadband connectivity to the
satellite backhaul, trunking and video offload markets?
- How do prices affect market take-up for satellite solutions?
The NSR Difference
This 8th Edition report now looks at the market potential in three
inter-related yet distinct market segments where a product and service roadmap
could lead to risk-taking and strategic enhancements for provisioning
next-generation services, specifically 3G/4G and video offload services. This
unbiased report, which builds upon market needs that include application
requirements, traffic trends, cost structures and other market-driven
elements, serves as an opportunity roadmap for future program risk-taking.
The report continues to provide an honest assessment of market fit in terms of
scrutinizing the value proposition of market players where the reader is able
to navigate various market segments, regions and platform choices in this
promising but risky business landscape.
Wireless Backhaul, Trunking and Video Offload via Satellite, 8th Ed. Report
Highly Detailed Forecasts and Thousands of Data Points
Primary Elements of the Report Include:
- Market Analysis
- Vendor Analysis- Competitive Positioning and NSR's Analysis of
Those Best Suited to Succeed
- Business Case Considerations
- Rural/Underserved Areas Bandwidth Requirements
- Urban/Suburban Market Demand for Video Offload Services
- ARPU Levels
- Operator Considerations in Provisioning 3G/4G in Rural/Underserved
- Data/Video Streaming Traffic
- Pricing Trends and Analysis
- Transponder Demand
- Demand for HTS & MEO-HTS
- BTS and Trunking Equipment by Type
- Traditional Equipment
- Next-generation Equipment
- Macrocells & Small Cells
- Market Forecasts (2013-2023)
- Platform Type
- Land-Based Towers
- Mobility Platforms
- Trunking Sites
- Video Offload Sites
- Capacity/Frequency Bandwidth Demand and Revenues
- Wideband Ka-band
- Legacy Systems Installed Base and Equipment Revenues
- TDMA/ IP VSATs
- Next-Generation Systems Installed Base and Equipment Revenues
- Microcells, Picocells, Small Cells
- Trunking Equipment
- Video Offload Equipment
A Complete Analytical Perspective
Elements of this study include:
- Complete PowerPoint Report Document segmented by analysis on all
regions, players, market opportunity and demand trends
- An Excel file containing all data and graphs so the client can
easily use this work as a basis for their own internal market projections
- Complimentary ½ Day of Consulting Time with the NSR Analyst who
authored the report to review the report findings and interpret the market
- A Recorded Webinar outlining key results