This report examines how massively open online courses (MOOCs) are shaping the
higher education industry and how education technology vendors can capture new
opportunities arising from the MOOC trend.
- A myriad of powerful market forces are driving MOOCs.
- The industry is motivated for MOOCs, but the models and monetization are
- MOOCs will not mend the broken higher education cost model but will change
how higher education is paid for in the future
- Analyzes the implications of creating and using MOOCs in higher education
- Highlights the pros and cons of MOOCs for both institutions and vendors
- Offers recommendations for institutions and technology vendors on how to
approach MOOC opportunities.
- How will MOOCs shape the higher education industry?
- How can existing education technology vendors extend their offerings to