The cellular machine-to-machine opportunity is diverse, dynamic and growing
fast. It provides connectivity for a huge variety of different devices and
machines including utility meters, vehicles, sensors, point of sales
terminals, security devices, consumer electronics devices and many more. The
market is also changing in a number of different ways including the business
models that operators adopt, the regulations that are key to driving growth,
the network technologies used, the ways in which different elements of the
value chain are working together and the various developments in different
countries and regions of the world.
Cellular M2M Connections looks at the developments in the cellular M2M market,
providing in-depth country, regional and application-level forecasts
underpinned by an in-depth analysis of some of the key drivers and challenges
that the market faces: This is of particular importance given the variance in
Key findings include:
- The number of cellular M2M subscriptions nearly doubled between 2010 and
2012 to reach 143.7m.
- Despite attractive growth, it is important to consider some of the key
issues driving and challenging the opportunity in different segments and
regions. While regulations are the most important driver of the market, there
are uncertainties as to the degree and timing of their impact.
- A number of emerging markets are showing very high growth rates.
- The telematics segment is expected to become the largest in terms of
revenue in 2013.
- Download Report Excerpt for a complete list of Key findings.
Key questions answered include:
- What are the key drivers for wider cellular M2M adoption, both globally
- What are some of the key challenges confronting cellular M2M?
- What role do telematics, smart meter regulations, powerline cables and
Wi-Fi connectivity play in wider cellular M2M adoption?
Companies mentioned in this report include:
- China Mobile
- China Unicom
- Jasper Wireless
- Pacific Controls
- Porto Seguro
- Sierra Wireless
- Tesa Telecom
Cellular M2M Connections is part of Pyramid's thematic report series. A blend
of primary research and qualitative analysis, Pyramid's research reports offer
comprehensive coverage of the fixed and mobile communications space and enable
those in the communications industry to stay ahead of changing market dynamics.