The Enterprise Mobile App Market Status Report 2012 provides key data
and insights that help enterprises, app developers, and IT and service
providers gain an overview of on this market. It includes an analysis of the
current status, trends and developments.
The Enterprise Mobile App Status Report 2012
The status of mobile apps in the enterprise environment
Following the successful adoption of "Business to Customers" apps and the
proliferation of Bring Your Own Device practices the market for mobile
applications in the enterprise has tipped in the last 12-16 months.
Enterprises, aiming to further their mobile capabilities, are now focusing on
the deployment of "Business to Employee" and "Business to Partner" apps.
The Enterprise Mobile App Market Status Report 2012 provides key data and
insights that help enterprises, app developers, and IT and service providers
gain an overview of on the market for mobile apps in the enterprise. It also
includes a thorough analysis of the current status, trends and developments;
hence, it is an invaluable tool for anyone looking to identify market trends,
key technologies and future developments.
Topics discussed include:
- Mobile app development tactics
- Choice of platforms given existing IT structure
- Sourcing enterprise relevant apps within the consumer ecosystem
- Traditional enterprise software vendors offerings
- Management of apps and devices
The Enterprise Mobile App Status Report 2012 also reports the results of an
enterprise mobility survey in which 476 companies took part. Case studies
provide an exemplification of strategies employed to manage and position
enterprise mobile apps. In-depth interviews with developers targeting this
market were carried out and provide a unique perspective of the current
challenges and trends.
The Enterprise Mobile App Market Status Report 2012 covers 5 major
- Characteristics of the market for mobile apps in the enterprise
- This chapter explores the drivers of the mobile app adoption within
enterprises and explains in detail the mobile app value chain.
- Status of mobile apps in enterprises
- This chapter explores how companies are currently using mobile apps. It
describes companies policies with regards to mobile devices in use, issues
that hinder adoption, usage and benefits of apps currently deployed,
sourcing and distribution channels, planned investment and future plans with
regards to adoption.
- The status of enterprise apps sourcing
- This chapter provides an overview of the offerings currently available
within the consumer app ecosystem by making a distinction between "Core
Enterprise" and enterprise relevant/ irrelevant apps. It also describes the
offerings of traditional enterprise software vendors, OEM/ Hardware vendors,
OS providers, and "mobile first" vendors.
- Mobile device and app management
- This chapter describes the current status of MDM (Mobile Device
Management) and MEAPs (Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms) and service
providers providers. It also includes a detailed description of the top 5
vendors in both MDM and MEAP.
- Trends and challenges in the enterprise mobile app market
- This chapter shows the main trends and challenges in enterprise mobility
by focusing on four major areas: Apps, app developers, vendors and service
providers, and security, management and policy.