This report details the opportunities, legislative pressures and product
concepts driving the sport nutrition industry. Insight is offered as regards
the development of the market over the next four years together with the
trends that will drive the sector over this period. The content provides
market data and examines key examples of industry consolidation and
implications for the market.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Identify geographic opportunities from global sales data backed by
category analysis for North America and key countries in EU including the UK.
- Review brand and innovation strategies of key players in the performance
- Examine key threats and opportunities presented by changing regulations.
- Understand the factors driving industry consolidation and examine the key
deals of the recent past.
- Review category trends and new product development from existing and
emerging brands in the sports nutrition category.
Whey protein is being incorporated into a number of products, such as oatmeal
and snack bars, and it can bring various health related benefits, including
minimizing the loss of muscle mass. This is of obvious interest to active,
healthy people but it is also relevant to seniors who may experience losses in
body mass and strength.
Industry consolidation has been a significant feature of the sports nutrition
industry over the past few years. This activity has included GSK's purchase of
Maxinutrition, Abbott's acquisition of EAS, Glanbia's purchase of BSN and also
the Carlyle Group's $3.8bn capture of NBTY, the maker of Nature's Bounty,
MET-Rx and Solgar supplements.
In the UK alone GlaxoSmithKline, parent company of Lucozade and Maximuscle,
now has approximately 80,000 chillers and vending machines. This provides an
incredible distribution reach for Maximuscle and its ready to drinks and
nutrition bars, which could help see them further enforce their position as
premier UK sports nutrition brand.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What are the current trends and market drivers within the sports nutrition
- What are the main regulatory hurdles to overcome for EU and North American
- What new ingredients and product categories present new opportunities in
the field of performance nutrition?
- What is the forecast market size and growth rates to 2016 in the major
sports nutrition categories and countries?
- What merger and acquisition opportunities exist in the sports nutrition