Roskill's 9th report on Rhenium will be published within 5 weeks. If
you're involved with Rhenium in any way, it will help you make the right
The NEW Roskill report on rhenium uses our comprehensive database to provide
estimates of mine production of rhenium contained in molybdenum concentrates,
most of which is not credited to the miner and much of which is not recovered
and also secondary production. The report also assesses global rhenium
resources associated with copper and molybdenum ores.
Rhenium imparts creep resistance to superalloys used at extreme temperatures
in aero engines and industrial gas turbines. Because of fears concerning
security of supply, rhenium prices and availability have shown periods of
great volatility thereby discouraging alloy makers from relying on the metal.
This report provides a perspective on the rhenium market, giving both
potential and existing producers and consumers the wherewithal on which to
base their decisions.
In addition to its invaluable contribution to the stability of superalloys,
the safety and the efficiency of aero engines, rhenium is used in reforming
catalysts in the production of high octane petroleum additives. It is also
used as a promoter in catalysts in gas-to-liquid operations, which, although
small currently, may assume much greater importance in the long term in the
light of the rapid expansion of shale gas output in the USA and elsewhere.
Roskill's report on rhenium will help you answer questions such as:
- What are the long term prospects for the supply of rhenium?
- In the event of significantly greater demand for rhenium would producers
be able to meet demand?
- What is the likelihood of further price volatility?
- Where and in what are the main markets for rhenium?
- What is the outlook for the rhenium markets and where are the likely
- Would a greater availability of rhenium stabilize the market and expand
its superalloy applications?
Table of Contents
- 1. Summary
- 2. History, properties, occurrence and resources of rhenium
- 3. Rhenium recovery processes
- 4. World production of rhenium
- 5. Current and potential rhenium producing countries and companies
- 6. Consumption, and supply and demand of rhenium
- 7. End-uses of rhenium
- 8. Market outlook for rhenium to 2018
- 9. International trade in rhenium
- 10. Rhenium prices
Rhenium: Global Industry Markets & Outlook, 9th edition 2013 published by Roskill Information Services, Ltd. in January 31, 2013. This report consists of 117 pages and the price starts from US $ 6100.
The contents of this page may be different from the latest version. Please contact us for details.