The ultimate resource to smartphone app integration in Europe and the USA...
Infotainment services have become of paramount importance to vehicle
manufacturers, in particular the integration of smartphones in the car.
Several solutions are being developed and a few OEMs have already launched
products in the market. SBD published a technical report on creating
automotive app solutions in early 2010, which included smartphone integration,
but due to high customer demand, we have now created this complete guide to
smartphone apps, which provides a market overview of the various solutions
with pricing models and a high level overview of the technical architecture.
This interactive guide to smartphone integration contains the following:
- All available solutions from vehicle manufacturers and select aftermarket
suppliers in Europe and the USA
- Photographs with an overview of the technical solutions and app features
- Pricing models, including hardware cost, software cost and subscription
- Comparison of phone screen duplication solutions: Terminal Mode and RealVNC
- Comparison of all integration solutions using a five star rating system