IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
** Due to the confidential nature of the report content, your request to
purchase SBD's security reports will be vetted by SBD's security team, prior
to any sale agreement. **
From Australia to the USA - gain a comprehensive view of legislation,
insurance requirements and fitment trends of passenger car immobilisers.
Immobilisers have proved to be an invaluable tool in the fight against vehicle
theft. However it is not always clear what type of immobiliser is required to
meet the different legislation and insurance requirements across the world.
SBD's latest report offers a clear explanation of the requirements in force,
and what level of performance is the most appropriate in each market. The
differences between types of immobilisers, particularly with regards to
minimum legal requirements, and the performance required to prevent the latest
high tech theft methods are analysed.
Vehicle theft, immobiliser requirements, and fitment rates across 24 countries
including major global markets like Australia, Brazil, China, Russia, Sweden,
UK and the USA are analysed. This report also discusses the link between
immobilisation and theft reduction in each country.
This report will help you:
- Form a regional fitment strategy by understanding country specific legal
- Maximise insurance benefits awarded to higher performance immobilisers
- Analyse the differences in types of immobilisers and identify the best fit
for different countries
- Understand the immobiliser fitment trends and their effects on vehicle
This report answers the following key questions:
- Which countries mandate immobilisers and what are the fitment rates?
- What are the theft rates before and after immobilisation?
- What performance of immobiliser is required to meet legal requirements,
insurance requirements, and to stop thieves?
- What additional benefits exist for higher performance immobilisers?
About the Report Author
Craig Best (Technical Analyst - Vehicle Security).
Craig's background is in Automotive Engineering at Loughborough University and
he has a wide understanding of vehicle design principles. He has provided
extensive research on a number of SBD projects, and helps to analyse and
maintain the range of research databases. His current specialisation is in
global theft statistics and vehicle technical information.
The SBD Commitment
From technical trends reports to conducting end user surveys, SBD has over 15
years of experience of providing strategic advice, insight and expertise to
the automotive and associated industries globally.
At SBD, we help vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers bridge that gap
between system design and actual market needs. Our diverse team of experts
understand global market and technical requirements and how to plan
cost-effective systems for the future that customers value and are willing to
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
- 2.1. Earlier forms of immobilisation
- 2.2. Meeting the legal requirements
- 2.3. Current forms of immobilisers
- 2.4. How secure are immobilisers?
3. Global implementation and fitment
- 3.1. Mandatory requirements
- 3.2. Optional requirements
- 3.3. The link between theft reduction and immobilisation
- 3.4. Summary
- 3.5. Future developments
- 3.6. Immobiliser fitment estimation method
Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, France,
Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, UK and USA.
28. Information on countries not in this study
LIST OF FIGURES
- Fig. 1: Simple immobilisation circuit
- Fig. 2: Software immobilisers configuration
- Fig. 3: SBD classification of immobilisers
- Fig. 4: Global map of known immobiliser legislation
- Fig. 5: Immobiliser level requirements by country
- Fig. 6: Summary of immobiliser legislation and fitment
- Fig. 7: to 66
For each of the countries - Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil,
Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia,
Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, South Africa,
Sweden, UK and USA.
- Summary of immobiliser requirements
- Immobiliser fitment
- Vehicle theft
Global Requirements: Immobiliser Adoption across World Markets 2011 published by SBD in June 30, 2011. This report price starts from US $ 2500.