With 49 large scale commercial deployments, LTE adoption has considerably
gained momentum throughout the globe. Unique market and operator requirements
have driven several early LTE launches. Driven by these early launches, global
LTE subscriptions reached 6.4 Million at the end of Q4'2011. Going forward,
the LTE market is set to grow with a CAGR of 150 % over the next 5 years and
will eventually represent more than 8 % of all mobile connections by 2016.
From a spectrum perspective, the 2.6 GHz band appears to be the most sought
after band, having witnessed the allocation 36 licenses already.
Covering over 810 operators, 53 infrastructure vendors and 222 countries
worldwide the “2G/3G/4G Subscriptions, Deployments, Spectrum Holdings
and Infrastructure Contracts Database Q1'2012” tracks global cellular
network deployments, infrastructure vendor contracts, spectrum holdings and
subscriptions by technology, data protocol, category (pre-paid, post paid),
region, country, and operator.
The report includes:
- Infrastructure contracts by technology, data protocol, region, country,
vendor and operator
- Infrastructure market share by equipment type, region, country and vendor
- Network deployments by technology, data protocol, region, country and
- Network Spectrum holdings by bandwidth, frequency, region, country and
- Number of cellular network subscriptions (as of Q4'2011) by air interface
technology, data protocol, region, country and operator
- Five-year subscriptions forecasts by air interface technology, data
protocol, region, country and operator
- Subscriptions market share data by air interface technology, data
protocol, region, country and operator.
- Penetration data by region and country
- Population data by region and country