This broad and high-level report examines the emerging epigenetics market.
This world market includes important biomedical product areas that will have a
powerful impact on healthcare delivery and personalized medicine. This
business report analyzes key market segments such life science research tools,
diagnostics and therapeutics.
Many people already know about DNA, genes and the human genome. The DNA code
defines the structure of who we are, our potential health and our
characteristics that we pass on to our children. Epigenetics refers to the
second code of life and links environmental impacts to a person' s health.
Epigenetic mechanisms signal how and when genes are activated or silenced.
This research study discusses the market for life science tools and
technologies that support epigenetics R&D. The report discusses important
technologies, equipment and consumables including microarray, next-generation
sequencing, PCR and other platforms. Topics such as microRNA and human stem
cells are lightly covered.
The report covers subjects including important epigenetic factors including
DNA methylation, histone modifications and others. The study discusses
epigenetic biomarkers, commercial diagnostics and therapeutics that will
foster personalized medicine. The study highlights new epigenetic
diagnostics. This research examines the current epigenetic therapeutics on the
market and drugs in the clinical pipeline. The report highlights major
government grant initiatives such as the NIH' s ‘Roadmap Epigenomics
Program' initiatives, the EU' s ‘Epigenetic Network of Excellence' and
This study discusses important epigenetics topics and provides the reader with
key findings. The data estimates that the worldwide epigenetics market value
will reach multi-billions of dollars in 2010, with a strong double-digit
growth rate. This report reviews the activities of 35 companies. The study
uses 39 figures and tables to illustrate the findings. This study includes
many valuable tables that help the reader scan the details of major trends,
market segmentation, forecast, M&As, partnerships, grant funding, patents and
This must-have report would benefit people with job titles including CEO, VPs,
Director of Business Development, Research Directors, Entrepreneurs, Venture
Capitalists, Investment Planners, Research Scientists, Consultants or Industry
About Takeda Pacific
Analysts at Takeda Pacific developed this report. The company provides
business consulting that focuses on facilitating business development and
market research projects. The business projects may involve European,
Japanese and North American Life Science companies. Since it' s founding in
late 1992, TP has reviewed or analyzed thousands of life Science and
technology firms for its clients.
Since 1992, Takeda Pacific has produced numerous industry reports about
emerging pharma, biotech, medical devices and technology companies and
markets. Takeda Pacific also offers follow-up consulting or custom research
consulting to assist in your business development or benchmarking, market
- Publication Date: August 2010
- Authors: Jay K. Myers, Paula Mitchell Myers
- Number of Pages: 150 pages; can be printed; fully searchable PDF
- Categories: Epigenetics, Epigenomic/ Life Science Tools and
Technologies /DNA Methylation /Histone Modification Diagnostics/ Biomarkers or
Molecular Diagnostics Drugs/ Pharmaceuticals/ Pipeline Biomarkers/
Pharmacogenomics/ Personalized Medicine Biotechnology/ Biomarkers or
Table of Contents
1. The Epigenetics Market Landscape
- Epigenetics for R&D, Diagnostics & Therapeutics
- Brief History
- Understanding Epigenetic Mechanisms
- Epigenetics, Key Diseases and Demographics
- Tools & Technologies for Epigenetic R&D
- Epigenetic Diagnostic Tests
- Epigenetic-Based Therapeutics
- Key Business Applications
- Academic Research Applications
- Diagnostic Applications
- Therapeutic Applications
2. Major Alliances, M&As and IP
- Major Alliances and M&As In Epigenetics
- Definitions of Deal Types
- Summary of Major Epigenetics Alliances and M&As
- Alliance and M&A Data Tables
- Patents, Business Development and Challenges
- Highlights of Companies That Own IP Involving Epigenetic Techs.
- Valuations of Epigenetic Technologies and Products
- Business Development Challenges
- Patent Challenges
3. Epigenetics Market Forecast
- Epigenetics Product Market Size, 2008~2013
- Epigenetic Market by Product Segments
- Epigenetic R&D Tools and Technologies Segments
- Epigenetic Diagnostics Segments
- Epigenetic Therapeutics Segments
- WW Epigenetic Market By Vendor Product Shares, 2008 & 2013
- Market by Major Diseases
- Cancer Segment
- Neuro-psychological (CNS) Segment
- Infectious Disease Segment
- Respiratory Segment
- Reproductive Disease Segment
- The ‘Others' Segment
- Epigenetic Market by R&D Developer Segments
- Academic/Gov. Basic Life Science R&D Sub-segments
- Diagnostics Developer Segments
- Pharma/ Biotech Rx/Tx Developer Segments
- Epigenetics Market by WW Regions
- North America
- Japan/ Asia Pacific
4. Selected Companies Working in Epigenetics
- 454 Life Sciences (Roche)
- Abcam plc
- Active Motif, Inc.
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc., BAM/LS
- Applied Biosystems Group
- AVIVA Systems Biology
- Cogenics (Clinical Data)
- DNASTAR, Inc.
- Epigenomics AG
- Epigentek, Inc.
- Epiontis GmbH
- Fluidigm Corporation
- GATC Biotech AG
- GeneGo, Inc.
- Genomatix Software GmbH
- GenomeQuest, Inc.
- Genpathway, Inc.
- Human Genetic Signatures Pty. Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Methylgene, Inc.
- MGI Pharma, Inc. (subsidiary of Eisai)
- OncoMethylome Sciences SA
- Orion Genomics LLC
- Qiagen N.V.
- Regulus Therapeutics LLC
- Roche Nimblegen
- Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- SeqWright, Inc.
- Sigma-Aldrich Co.
- Zymo Research Corp.
5. Findings and Conclusions
- Epigenetics Market Future Direction
- Analytical Tools for Epigenetic R&D
- Commercial DNA Microarrays, ChIP on Chip and Methylation
- High-Throughput Sequencing and ChIP-Seq.
- Other Front Runner Technologies
- Consumables & Reagent Kits
- Commercial Diagnostic/ Test Services
- Therapeutics Involving Epigenetics
- Epigenetics Market Drivers and Restraints
- The US NIH Roadmap Epigenomics Program Initiatives
- The European Union Epigenetics Initiative
- M&A Deals Have Helped Epigenetic Product Companies
- FDA Approved Epigenetic Diagnostics Have Reached the Market
- FDA Approved Epigenetic Therapeutics Have Reached the Market
- Potential Business Opportunities
- Opportunities for American and European Companies
- Epigenetic Diagnostics
- Consider Other World Regions for Cost Savings or New Customers
- Market into Asia for Business Opportunities
- Business Opportunities for Asian Companies
- Epigenetics Glossary
- Company Contacts
- Selected Grant Recipients for Epigenetics or Epigenomic Projects
- About Takeda Pacific
- About the Authors
List of Tables
- Table 1. Epigenetics Disease Demographics
- Table 2. Summary of Major Alliances and M&As, 2005 to Oct.- 2008
- Table 3. Alliances and M&As Jan. to Oct. 2008
- Table 4. Major Alliances and M&As - 2007
- Table 5. Major Alliances and M&As - 2006
- Table 6. Major Alliances and M&As - 2005
- Table 7. Epigenetics Related US Patents Issued to Orgs., 2007 to Oct.- 2008
- Table 8. Valuations of Major M&As Involving Epigenetics.
- Table 9. Total WW Epigenetic Product Market Revenues, 2008-2013
- Table 10. WW Epigenetic Market By Vendor Products $M
- Table 11. Epigenetic R&D Tools & Technologies Sub-segments $M
- Table 12. Epigenetic Diagnostics Sub-segments $M
- Table 13. Epigenetic Therapeutics Sub-segments $M
- Table 14. WW Epigenetic Market By Vendor Product Shares, 2008 & 2013
- Table 15. WW Epigenetic Market By Leading Diseases $M
- Table 16. Major Cancer Types Targeted in R&D and Shares
- Table 17. WW Epigenetic Market By Developer Segments $M
- Table 18. Academic/Gov. Basic Life Science R&D $M
- Table 19. Diagnostics Developers
- Table 20. Pharma/ Biotech Rx/Tx Developers
- Table 21. WW Epigenetic Market By Regions $M
- Table 22. High-Density Whole Genome Microarrays for Epigenetics
- Table 23. High-Throughput DNA Sequencing For Epigenetics
- Table 24. Other Technologies for Epigenetics
- Table 25. Epigenetic Diagnostics Development Pipeline
- Table 26. Therapeutics in Clinical Pipeline Involving Epigenetics
- Table 27. NIH Roadmap Epigenomics Program Initiatives
- Table 28. Glossary of Epigenetic Terms
- Table 29. List of Company Contacts
- Table 30. Selected NIH Grant Recipients and Epigenomic Projects
List of Figures
- Figure 1. The Epigenetic Market Ecosystem
- Figure 2. Highlights of Epigenetic Mechanisms
- Figure 3. Growing Number of PubMed Articles About Epigenetics
- Figure 4. Total WW Epigenetic Product Market Revenues, 2008-2013
- Figure 5. WW Epigenetic Market By Vendor Products $M
- Figure 6. WW Epigenetic Market By Product Market Shares, 2008 & 2013
- Figure 7. WW Epigenetic Market By Major Diseases $M
- Figure 8. WW Epigenetic Market By Developer Segments $M
- Figure 9. WW Epigenetic Market By Regions $M
Epigenetics: Technologies, Drugs, Diagnostics, and World Market published by Takeda Pacific in August 23, 2010. This report consists of 150 Pages and the price starts from US $ 2195.