This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the South African construction market, including:
- The South African construction market's growth prospects by sector, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within South Africa
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the South African construction market
- Assessment of the competitive forces facing the construction industry in South Africa and profiles of the leading players
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in South Africa
The South African construction industry recorded a CAGR of 13.72% during the review period. The construction industry output slowed following the 2010 FIFA World Cup, but has started to recover. Under the National Infrastructure Plan (NIP) that was adopted in 2012, the government will invest ZAR827 billion (US$100.8 billion) in infrastructure development over the forecast period. The country faces a substantial housing deficit and will need government support to develop public housing and drive the residential construction market. The industrial sector, which had benefitted from low wages, now faces labor unrest and will have to focus on increasing productivity to remain competitive. While the large number of projects announced provides hope for the construction industry, corruption, mismanagement and price fixing threaten to undermine the proper implementation of these developments. Timetric expects the South African construction industry to record a CAGR of 10.87% over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in South Africa:
- Historical (2008-2012) and forecast (2013-2017) valuations of the construction market in South Africa using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in South Africa
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Timetric is a leading provider of online data, analysis and advisory services on key financial and industry sectors. We provide integrated information services covering risk assessments, forecasts, industry analysis, market intelligence, news and comment.
Timetric helps over 1,500 financial services institutions and their partner companies around the world to benefit from better, more timely decisions and improve their competitive edge.