The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire North American travel and tourism sector
- The total, direct and indirect tourism output generated by each sector within the North America travel and tourism sector
- Detailed historic and forecasted analysis of the North American Travel Intermediaries market covering market size, growth drivers and key performance Indicators
- The competitive landscape, covering leading competitors and competitive strategy for the North American travel intermediaries market
The North American travel intermediaries industry began to recover in 2010 after a major downturn in 2009, when industry revenue declined by 6.3% and traditional agencies lost sales to online channels. The economic recession and rise in unemployment forced people to restrict their spending on discretionary purchases such as travel, and as demand weakened, companies reduced margins and commissions to retain business and maintain cash flow.
With the slow economic recovery during 2010 and 2011, consumer spending increased marginally as more leisure and business customers booked travel. However, traditional agencies registered continued declines in their revenues as they were increasingly replaced by online services. Traditional agencies are also being threatened by disintermediation. Suppliers such as airlines and hotels are taking several measures to cap or reduce the commissions paid to intermediaries, in order to reduce their distribution costs. Suppliers are encouraging customers to contact them directly for travel bookings by creating their own websites and by introducing a variety of price policies and loyalty programs. However, traditional channels continue to play vital role in developing customized travel packages.
This report provides an extensive analysis related to the tourism demands and flows in North America:
- It details historical values for North American tourism sector for 2007-2011, along with forecast figures for 2012-2016.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period.
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in North America.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the Travel Intermediaries market with values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period.
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of the North American Travel Intermediaries market covering Market Size, Growth Drivers and Key Performance Indicators.
- Competitive Landscape covering Leading Competitors and Competitive Strategy for the North American Travel Intermediaries market.
Reasons To Buy
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to North American travel and tourism sector.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the North American travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities.
- The report helps to understand the market size, growth opportunities, leading competitors and competitive strategy for the North American travel intermediaries market.