This comprehensive report is designed to help current suppliers and potential
market entrants identify and evaluate growth opportunities and strategies
emerging in the Japanese coagulation testing market during this decade. The
report explores business and technological trends; provides estimates of the
test volume for 35 assays, as well as sales and market shares of leading
reagent and instrument suppliers; compares features of major analyzers;
profiles leading market players; and identifies specific product and business
opportunities facing instrument and consumable suppliers.
The growing cost-containment pressures in major industrialized nations,
coupled with continued technological advances in molecular diagnostics,
chromagenic substrates, monoclonal antibodies, immunoassays, IT and laboratory
automation will radically change coagulation testing practice.
Specific and sensitive markers of hemostasis will be increasingly used on
automated instrumentation. Coagulation testing will also become more
standardized, offering opportunities for quality control products and
services. Moreover, the continuing contraction of the hospital system and
technological advances will facilitate decentralization of the coagulation
testing closer to the patient, thus creating POC opportunities and challenges
Sales and Market Share Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major instrument and reagent suppliers.
- Extensive strategic profiles of major suppliers and emerging market
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Commercial/Private Laboratories
Current and Emerging Products
- Review of over 40 established and new procedures.
- Comparison of automated and semi-automated analyzers marketed by
Diagnostica Stago/Trinity, Helena, IL, Siemens, Sysmex, and other suppliers.
- Analysis of current and emerging technologies and their potential market
- Product development and business expansion opportunities with significant
- "Ideal" product models with tentative prices and operating characteristics.
- Alternative market penetration strategies for instrument and reagent
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
The report is based on a combination of primary and secondary information
sources, including interviews with laboratory directors, and executives of
leading diagnostics companies and start-up firms developing innovative
In addition to primary sources of information, a comprehensive review of the
most recent technical and business publications, manufacturer product and
financial literature, and Venture Planning Group's proprietary data files was
Contains 380 pages and 7 tables.
Table of Contents
Worldwide Market and Technology Overview
Current and Emerging Coagulation Assays
The report analyzes capabilities and features of major automated,
semi-automated, and POC analyses marketed by Bio/Data, Cardiovascular
Diagnostics, Diagnostica Stago/Trinity, Helena, Instrumentation Laboratory,
Roche, Siemens, Sysmex and other suppliers.
Current and Emering Technologies
Technologies reviewed include molecular diagnostics, chromogenic substrates,
monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, immunoassays, microcomputers,
automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, dry chemistry, biosensors and
Japan: Business Environment, Market Forecasts, Supplier Sales and
Major Product Development Opportunities
Design Criteria For Decentralized Testing Products
Alternative Market Penetration Strategies
Potential Market Entry Barriers and Risks
- American Diagnostica
- Avocet Medical
- Beckman Coulter
- Becton Dickinson
- Bio/Data Corporation
- Corgenix Medical
- Diagnostica Stago
- Helena Laboratories
- HYPEN BioMed
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Thermo Fischer
- Trinity Biotech
List of Tables
- Japan: Total Coagulation Diagnostics Market by Market Segment and Product
- Japan: Laboratories Performing Coagulation Tests By Market Segment
- Japan: Total Coagulation Test Volume By Market Segment
- Japan: All Market Segments Coagulation Test Volume
- Japan: Coagulation Reagent Market By Market Segment
- Japan: Total Coagulation Diagnostics Market By Product Category
- Japan: Major Suppliers of Coagulation Diagnostic Products, Estimated Sales
and Market Shares
2012 Japan Strategic Analysis of the Coagulation Testing Market: Forecasts and Supplier Shares published by Venture Planning Group in June 15, 2012. This report price starts from US $ 2900.