The first complete report analyzing in detail the opportunities for
Polymeric Materials in 3DIC & Wafer-Level Packaging applications
POLYMER USAGE WILL GROW BY 26% CAGR IN WAFER LEVEL APPLICATIONS OVER 5 YEARS
Polymeric semiconductor material market reach a value of $274M last year and
its growth of more than 26% CAGR is fueled by the expansion of flip-chip wafer
bumping, Fan-in WLCSP packages, 3D WLP, FO WLP packages, 2.5D Glass / Silicon
interposers and 3DIC packages over the next 5 years to come.
For the first time, Yole's analysts have been able to gather market data,
technology information and analysis necessary to answer the following
- What materials are being used in what applications ?
- What key properties do I need to understand before I make a materials
- Who are the key supplies of these materials and what is their market
- What synergies do competitors have in their product lines ?
AN INCREASING NUMBER OF POLYMERS ARE USED FOR WLP APPLICATIONS
About half of the demand today for polymeric materials in 3DIC & WLP
applications is driven by dielectric passivation resins which reached about
$107M market value in 2011.
Polymide (PI) and BCB of DOW Chemical still account for > 70% of the total
demand, historically by the growth flip-chip bumping an WLCSP passivation
PBO, epoxies, WPR and AL-X recently entered the market thanks to the recent
growth demand in 300mm WLCSP, FOWLP and emerging 3DIC applications.
This research will cover :
- Global materials market forecast
- Global forecast breakdown by application
- Global forecast breakdown by function
- Detailed market breakdown of permanent dielectrics by material, supplier,
A WIDE RANGE OF POLYMERIC MATERIALS ARE USED TO SOLVE WLP ISSUES
There is a wide range of polymeric material available on the market. This
study will feature:
- Chemistries and history of key microelectronic polymers
- Properties, pros & cons for each solution
- Applications by polymer type
- Processing considerations
NEW FUNCTIONS OF POLYMERIC MATERIALS ARE LEVERAGING BURGEONING WLP MARKET
Today demand is driven by FC wafer bumping, fan-in WLCSP and thin-film IPD.
Tomorrow, significant demand will shift to FOWLP, 3DIC stacks, 3D WLP, and
2.5D interposer substrate platforms.
Types of polymeric materials covered:
- Permanent dielectric polymers
- Thick plating resists
- Temporary bonding & de-bonding adhesives
- Hard mask resist for DRIE etch
- Wafer-level underfills
- Wafer-level molding cmpds
- Adhesive tape (BG/Dicing tape)
DETAILED MATERIAL SUPPLIER PROFILES
Corporate profiles detailing financials, employees, polymer products for wafer
level packaging and selected properties of these products are compared and
contrasted for : 3M, Ajinamoto, Asahi Glass, Asahi Kasei, Brewer Science,
Cookson, Dow Chemical, Dow Corning, DuPont, HD Microsystems, Fujifilm, Hitachi
Chemical, Henkel, JSR Micro, Lord, Namics, Nitto Denko, Nippon Kayaku, Shin
Etsu, Silecs, Simitomo Bakeite, TOK and Toray.
WHO SHOULD BUY THIS REPORT?
- Material suppliers
- Assess the TAM ( total accessible market) for your company's polymeric
- Identify tech trends, challenges and requirements for each 3DIC / WLP
scenarios. Are their markets you could be serving?
- Materials users (IDMs, Wafer Foundries, Packaging Houses)
- Identify competitive materials, What are others using ?
- Consolidate suppliers by understanding their full product offerings
- Equipment Vendors
- What materials should you be developing processes for ?
- What are the technology trends ?