Features at a glance:
- Provides the most comprehensive and in-depth report available of both the
bottled water cooler and point of use cooler markets in West Europe.
- Packed with data by country and region along with 16 detailed country
sections including a full country profile for the UK.
- Tracks industry developments, opportunities, challenges and future trends
to support business planning.
- Over 180 detailed company profiles to help you understand more about your
- Zenith has over 15 years of experience in tracking the water cooler
industry and our extensive experience allows us to offer unrivalled insight
Background and report description:
Though the global economic environment remains challenging and continues to
impact both bottled cooler and point of use (POU) industries, stabilization of
the market has been reported in a number of countries across West Europe.
Following two consecutive years of decline, the total installed base in the
region returned to growth in 2011, with a smaller decline in bottled water
cooler installations and continuing strong performance of POU.
The United Kingdom remains the dominant national force within West Europe,
followed by Italy and together they have a unit share of over 41%. Italy,
Switzerland and Austria were the strongest performers, making solid gains in
terms of placement numbers.
Zenith's report on West Europe Coolers provides an in-depth analysis and
insights on both bottled and point of use water cooler markets in 16
countries, including the full UK market analysis, the report offers excellent
value for money.
The report sets out market and segment totals, alongside detailed rankings and
profiles of Europe's leading industry operators, providing the only report
available on home and office delivery and POU market trends in the region.
Countries include: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,
Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden,
Switzerland and the UK.
What this report covers
- Regional market overview: in-depth analysis of trends and developments
covering units, volume and value, conversion of bottled coolers versus new POU
business, water types, packaging, throughput, service and maintenance,
outlets, companies, groups, brands, regulatory environment, mergers and
acquisitions Pricing structure and revenue analysis addressing unit rental
income and bulk water sales, contract lengths and cancellation rates as well
as forecasts to 2016.
- 16 detailed country sections: detailed market and industry analysis
including market size, bottled water versus point of use markets, drinking
water culture, bottled water cooler and POU industry structures, rented vs
sold units, unit types, pricing structure and revenue indicators, unit
maintenance, industry features and trends, leading companies and brands,
industry developments and forecasts to 2016.
- Overview charts (13) and tables (41): Comprehensive tables and charts
interrogate the entire West European bottled cooler and POU markets in full.
- Over 180 company profiles: full analysis of Europe's leading operators.
Each profile covers company structure, sales volume, unit placements,
marketing analysis and commentary.
Market data provided in this report:
Total West European water cooler market
- Bottled water market, 2007-11
- Water cooler market analysis, 2007-11
- Total cooler units by country, 2007-11
- POU share of total West Europe cooler units, 2007-11
- POU water cooler conversion, 2011
West European bottled water coolers
- Bottled cooler units by country, 2007-11
- Bottled cooler numbers annual percentage change, 2007-11
- Bottled cooler units per 1,000 population, 2007-11
- Bottled cooler & bulk water volumes, 2007-11
- Bottled cooler volume & bulk water annual percentage change, 2007-11
- Cooler water throughput by country, 2009-11
- Bottled cooler market breakdown by water type, 2011
- Cooler water types by country, 2011
- Cooler water packaging by type, 2011
- Cooler water packaging size by country, 2011
- Bottled cooler market characteristics, 2011
- Water for cooler consumption per person, 2007-11
- Bottled cooler revenue indicators by country, 2011
- Bottled cooler revenue indicators, 2009-11
West European point of use coolers
- POU units by country, 2007-11
- POU units annual percentage change, 2007-11
- POU units per thousand people, 2007-11
- POU unit distribution by outlet, 2011
- POU rented vs sold units, 2011
- POU water cooler unit characteristics, 2011
- POU rental and sold units income, 2011
- Top 25 national water cooler distributors, 2007-11
- Top 5 West European water cooler distributor groups, 2009-11
- Top 25 West European water cooler brands, 2007-11
- Top 25 West European water cooler bottlers, 2007-11
- Top water cooler distributors by country, 2007-11
- Leading West European POU groups by country, 2007-11
- Leading national POU groups, 2009-11
- West Europe POU water cooler units, 2011-16
- POU units per thousand people, 2011-16
- POU units annual percentage change, 2011-16
- West Europe bottled water cooler units, 2011-16
- Bottled water cooler units per thousand people, 2011-16
- West European water cooler volumes by country, 2011-16
- POU share of total West Europe cooler units, 2011-16
Section 3 - Austria
Mrket structure - point of use