China Titanium Dioxide Monthly Report will help you stay ahead of the game in this fast-changing market with real-time reporting on the entire TiO2 industry chain, from the upstream ilmenite and titanium slag markets to the downstream pigments, coatings and plastics markets.
Here is the Editor's Note for you to know about the Oct. issue specifically:
- China's TiO2 market remained stable in Oct. 2018. Many leading manufacturers, such as CNNC Huayuan Titanium Dioxide Co., Ltd., Shandong Dawn Titanium Industry Co., Ltd. and Shandong Doguide Group Co., Ltd., published price hike plans in early this month, whilst market trade prices did not significantly increased and varied for each deal. The operating rate of China's TiO2 industry kept steady in Oct. but may be curbed as natural gas supply will drop and environmental regulation will become more stringent after Nov. Therefore, no great fluctuation will be seen in the market despite fewer transactions.
- Ilmenite prices in the Panxi Area (Panzhihua and Xichang cities, Sichuan Province) remained high due to increased production and environmental protection costs. Several large-scale enterprises slight raised their quotations, so the previous low prices vanished and the mainstream 46% ilmenite prices hit USD174.02/t (RMB1,200/t). Environmental inspection was launched in Sichuan Province in late Oct. to review the rectification of problems exposed during previous visits. This obviously reined in local ilmenite manufacture as some small-/medium-sized factories halted production and, therefore, boosted market prices.
Important market dynamics
- In Oct. 2018, the operating rates of ilmenite manufacturers in Yunnan, Shandong and Hainan provinces remained low.
- On 8 Oct. 2018, many industrial coating enterprises published price hike plans due to climbing raw material prices.
- In late Sept. 2018, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment of the People's Republic of China issued the action plan for the autumn & winter air pollution control this year, imposing different production restriction on chemical companies.
- Titanium Dioxide China Monthly Report is a monthly published newsletter, which can be downloaded in PDF format. The subscription mode for this newsletter is yearly and the subscriber will receive 12 issues per year.