The 7th edition of the ‘Education Construction Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis’ has been published by AMA Research. The report reviews construction activity and leading capital building programmes in the primary, secondary and higher education sectors against a backdrop of constrained Government funding.
Key issues covered:
- Construction output in the public and private education sector plus forecasts to 2021.
- Assessment of the structure and size of the primary, secondary and higher education sectors.
- Assessment of public sector funding for primary, secondary and higher education sectors, with analysis of resource/ capital budgets for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Key market trends and the impact of government spending cuts on education projects and capital programmes.
Key areas of insight include:
- Review of leading contractors and developers and their consortia within schools and universities.
- Analysis of key capital building programmes and frameworks in the school sector, including Priority Schools Building Programme, Scotland's Schools for the Future Programme and the Welsh 21st Century Schools Programme.
- Analysis of funding sources in the higher education sector including income from bank credit, tuition fees, research grants, capital endowments, PFI, bond markets etc.
- Overview of developer and contractor activity within the different sectors of education construction.
Education Construction in the UK
- Total Construction Output - value of output construction new work and forecasts to 2021 and construction output by sector.
- Contractors' output in the school sector and output in the higher education sector including forecasts to 2021.
Primary & Secondary Education Sector
- Structure of UK School system - mainstream and other state schools, independent schools.
- Education Capital Funding - England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.
- Analysis of recent spending announcements - 2017 Spring Budget, 2016 Autumn Statement.
- Education capital building programmes - PSBP 1&2, Academies Programme, Free Schools, UTCs, Scotland's Schools for the Future Programme, Wales' 21st Century Schools.
Higher Education Sector
- Overview and structure of the UK HE sector.
- University estates - size, Capital spending & infrastructure backlog.
- Impact of the Higher Education & Research Act on the number/role of private providers in the HE sector.
- Key trends in the HE sector - student growth, applications, tuition fees, Brexit, and their impact on student numbers.
- Capital expenditure in the higher education sector - England, Scotland, Wales.
- Alternative funding sources - capital markets, endowment funds, bond markets etc.
- University capital building programmes - university and regional enterprise zones.
- Overview of student accommodation sector - Types of accommodation, regional provision, key providers.
Construction Supply in the Education Sector
- Leading Contractors and major project awards - Schools sector.
- Leading Contractors and major project awards - higher education sector.
- Leading Contractors and Developers - Student Accommodation.
- Procurement of Projects in the Higher Education Sector.
Balfour Beatty, BAM, Bouygues UK, Bowmer & Kirkland, Carillion, Downing Developments, Galliford Try, Interserve, Kier, Laing O'Rourke, Morgan Sindall, Osborne, Sir Robert McAlpine, Wates, Watkin Jones, Willmott Dixon and many more.