INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
The 10th edition of the ‘Wall Cladding Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' analyses the major cladding solutions for residential and non-residential buildings, including facing bricks, profiled sheets and composite panels, curtain wall and structural glazing systems, external wall insulation and render systems, as well as a range of rainscreen and other product/material cladding.
Product sectors covered:
- Profiled sheets & composite panels.
- Curtain wall and structural glazing systems.
- External wall insulation systems.
- Artificial stone products.
- Facing clay and concrete bricks.
- Other fascias and rainscreen products - e.g. timber, metal cassettes, high pressure laminates, terracotta tiles, copper & zinc sheeting, fibre cement sheeting, natural stone, precast concrete panels etc.
Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of key product / material groups in terms of area installed and value. Split by material types where appropriate, variations in performance. Market size and mix by value.
- Market forecasts for key product sectors up to 2020.
- Review of key end use sectors & distribution channels.
- Leading suppliers and market share estimates in the key product / material sectors.
- Supplier reviews by key product types.
Some of the companies included:
A. Steadman & Sons, Acheson and Glover, Aggregate Industries, Alsecco, Alumasc Facades, Ash and Lacy Building Systems, Brickability, C A Building Products, Carlton Main Brickworks, Cembrit, Coverworld UK, Euro Clad, Eurobond Laminates, Firth Steels, Formica UK, Forterra Building Products, Forticrete, Ibstock Brick, Interfuse, James & Taylor, Kawneer UK, Kilwaughter Chemical Company, Kingspan Insulated Panels, Lignacite, Marley Eternit, Metal Technology, Michelmersh Brick, Multipanel UK, Parex Ltd, PD Edenhall, Permarock, Plasmor, Plean Precast, Raeburn Brick, Reynaers, Saint-Gobain Weber, Sapa Building Systems, Schueco UK, Senior Architectural Systems, Smart Systems, Sto Ltd, Tarmac Topblock, Tata Steel Building Systems, Taylor Maxwell Group, Techrete (UK), Telling Architectural, The Haddonstone Group, Thomas Armstrong (Concrete Blocks), Thomas Panels & Profiles, Wetherby Building Systems, Wienerberger UK.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- Total wall cladding market 2011-2020 - analysed by area installed and by value, with key market drivers e.g. general new build output levels in the different end use sectors, new housebuilding, warehousing, commercial offices etc, legislation etc.
- Forecasts for wall cladding market by area installed to 2020 and underlying factors driving these forecasts.
- Consideration of the likely impact of Brexit across this period and whether there may be longer terms impacts resulting from the UK withdrawing from the EU.
- Assessment of recent trends in key end-use markets and impact on wall cladding including construction output 2011-2020.
- Individual sections for - housebuilding output and forecasts for offices, industry, leisure, education, retail and healthcare.
- Construction forecasts for key end-use sectors 2016-2020 - assessment of potential market drivers including: new orders, help to buy, energy company obligations, demand for waste management infrastructure & energy from waste plants, the growth in online retailing & the need for extra warehousing.
- The impact of these changes on the wall cladding market.
- Market mix by product types at ‘headline' level by area installed 2015. Market value for each main product type.
- Typical end use mixes for each material type and split by broad end-use application by area installed - housing/non-housing, new build/RMI etc. as appropriate.
- Main product sectors covered - facing bricks, external wall insulation systems, manufactured renders, metal profiled & composite panels, artificial stone, curtain wall, others (specialist flat sheet materials e.g. HPL, fibre cement, calcium silicate; zinc, aluminium, copper; brick slips, hanging tiles, terracotta tiles; natural stone; ceramic granite, weatherboarding & timber).
- For each main product group: definitions - what the section includes and excludes; market size and trends - market size in 2011-2020, assessment of product performance, key areas of application.
- Forecasts for main product groups 2016-2020 - by area installed, identification of market drivers, growth/declining sectors, opportunities and threats.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Review of supply and distribution structures - clay facing bricks, renders & external wall insulation systems, metal profiled & composite panels, masonry facing products (i.e. artificial stone, architectural precast concrete panels & precast concrete blocks), curtain wall, others - specialist flat sheet materials e.g. HPL, fibre cement, calcium silicate, zinc, aluminium, copper, brick slips, hanging tiles, terracotta tiles, natural stone; ceramic granite, weatherboarding & timber.
- Channel mixes - where possible assessment of product distribution channels & identification of key manufacturers/suppliers and market shares.
- Manufacturer / supplier reviews - brick makers, distributors & factors; metal panel manufacturers; curtain wall suppliers & contractors; render systems suppliers; cast stone & precast concrete panel manufacturers; suppliers of rainscreen cladding systems etc.