Market Research Report
Iron Ore Pellets Market with COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type, By Distribution channel, By Application and By Region - Size, Share,& Forecast from 2021-2027
|Iron Ore Pellets Market with COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type, By Distribution channel, By Application and By Region - Size, Share,& Forecast from 2021-2027|
Published: February 1, 2021
AnalystView Market Insights
Content info: 270 Pages
Delivery time: 2-3 business days
The global Iron Ore Pellets market size was valued at USD 48.23 billion by 2019, growing with 4.01% CAGR during the forecast period, 2021-2027.
Increasing steel production with the surge in demand for global building & construction industry due to growing urban population has impelled the market growth. Iron ore pellets are widely used in the building and construction industry for strengthening the huge infrastructure. For instance, as per the We forum Organization report, the construction industry accounted for around 6% for the global GDP with total annual revenues of approximately US$ 10 trillion and is projected to reach US$15 trillion by 2025 due to growing investment by the urban population. It created massive growth for the iron ore pellets used in the construction industry.
Moreover, increasing steel production by adopting carbon-free steel & iron-making processes by implementing regulations regarding carbon emissions have created a massive demand for market growth. For instance, as per the World Steel Organization report in 2019, an estimated more than 996 million tons of crude steel was produced in Asia, which increased by 5.7% compared to 2018. Also, India, South Korea, and Japan have produced around 111.2 Mt, 71.4 million tons, and 99.3 Million tons respectively. Thus developing countries have the largest market share for the iron ore pellets market due to the presence of manufacturing facilities and growing huge population demand.
The iron ore pellets market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, iron content, pelletizing process, and region.
In terms of the product, the global iron ore pellets market is divided into direct reduction and blast furnaces. Among these, the blast furnace segment has the highest market share in 2020, this is primarily due to increasing crude steel production in developing countries such as India, China, Japan, etc. For instance, as per the World Steel Organization in 2019, China's crude steel production reached 996.3 Million tons increased by 8.3% as compared to 2018.
Based on technology, the global iron ore pellets market is divided into electric induction furnace and electric arc furnace, oxygen-based/blast furnace. In terms of the iron content the global iron ore pellets market is classified as magnetite and hematite. Based on pelletizing process, the global iron ore pellets segment is divided into grate kiln and traveling grate.
Several market players are adopting advanced technology for an increasingly global production capacity of iron ore due to growing global demand has impelled the market growth. For instance, on 29th October 2020, ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India launched Derrick Super stacks in Dabuna iron ore beneficiation plant in Odisha, India. The Company launched advanced vibratory screening machine at ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel's (AM/NS) Dabuna beneficiation plant in Odisha, India. ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel made a joint venture in India with the help of an integrated flat carbon steel producer and the company has increased the production capacity to around 8.5 million tonnes per annum.
Also, several market players are adopting the strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaboration, and partnerships for the increasing iron ore pellets production around the globe. For instance, in March 2018, Jindal Saw has completed the acquisition of Quality Iron & Steel Company for increasing the steel production of the company.
Key features of the study:
● This proposed research study on iron ore pellets market provides market size (US$ million), compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) and forecast estimation (2020-2027), considering 2019 as the base year
● The research report elucidates potential growth opportunities across different segments/countries and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for Iron Ore Pellets market
● The overall report identifies new investment opportunities, challenges faced by established players, and growth factors to sustain in the Iron Ore Pellets market
● Impact of COVID-19 on Iron Ore Pellets market size, forecast, CAGR, and market dynamics are discussed in detail under the research scope. Detailed insight on Iron Ore Pellets market post-COVID will also be covered.
● In order to give the users of this report a comprehensive view on the Iron Ore Pellets market, we have also included competitive landscape and key innovator analysis for the Iron Ore Pellets market.
● The study encompasses a growth prospect mapping analysis, wherein all the industry segments are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and product attractiveness.
● The report offers detailed company profiling featuring major market participants who will help users to understand their financial information and strategic initiatives of players operating in the Iron Ore Pellets market.
● In addition, the report also unveil the important acquisitions & mergers, collaborations & joint ventures, new product launch, research & development, regional expansion of major participants involved in the electric tooth brush market on global as well as regional level.
● The global iron ore pellets market report primarily caters to various stakeholders in this industry including suppliers, investors, new entrants, distributors, and financial analysts.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET KEY PLAYERS
➢ Jindal SAW Ltd
➢ Anglo American
➢ Bahrain Steel
➢ BHP Billiton
➢ Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
➢ Rio Tinto
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
➢ Direct Reduction
➢ Blast Furnace
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
➢ Electric Induction Furnace
➢ Electric Arc Furnace
➢ Oxygen Based/Blast Furnace
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET, BY IRON CONTENT
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
➢ Grate Kiln
➢ Travelling Grate
GLOBAL IRON ORE PELLETS MARKET, BY REGION
➢ North America
Rest of Europe
➢ Asia Pacific
Rest of APAC
➢ Latin America
Rest of LATAM
➢ The Middle East and Africa
United Arab Emirates
Rest of MEA
List of Tables
List of Figures