- Global demand for high barrier films and coatings in printed electronics is set to accelerate through the 2016-2021 period.
- The rising use of electronic materials that require protection from moisture and oxygen will push a market valued at $61.2 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 26% to reach a total of $192.4 million in 2021.
- Expansion will occur principally in the large-area display segment, where sales will increase in parallel with rising demand for both OLED and quantum dot-enhanced LCD screens.
- Market growth will be buttressed by other segments, including the use of high barrier solutions for a new generation of smart device displays - including the mass production of flexible OLED devices before the end of the decade.
- The latest industry figures and analysis, with forecasts to 2021, to plan your business strategy with confidence
- In-depth analysis and data to pinpoint growth sectors and identify key factors driving change in the global market for barrier materials for printed electronics
- Over 80 tables and figures providing analyses of key drivers shaping the industry.
What methodology is used?
The Future of High-Barrier Films and Coatings for Printed Electronics to 2021 examines a market that is undergoing a series of transitions.
Smithers Apex's analysis and qualification of the market is based on extensive primary research interviews with companies and consultants at all stages of the value chain for high barrier films and coatings. This was supported by extensive secondary research based on a thorough literature analysis of market and company reports, technical papers, and conference presentations.
This provides a solid foundation for modelling the market for these products across the 2016-2021 study period, establishing a timeline for the entry of disruptive technology developments, and quantifying these.
What will you discover?
- Market shares and five-year strategic forecasts for high-barrier films and coatings across key end-use applications and national markets
- The impact on material supply of the competition between quantum dot-enhanced LCD and OLED technology, and the arrival of the first flexible smart device display units
- Worldwide demand for high-barrier films and coatings for display and other burgeoning applications, like wearable devices, photovoltaics, and OLED lighting.
Who should buy this report?
- Materials suppliers
- Developers of barrier film technology
- Manufacturers of displays and smart devices
- R&D professionals active in printed electronics
- Suppliers of barrier film deposition equipment
- Consultants and analysts