Synthetic gypsum is a by-product of various industrial processes, most notably the generation of electrical energy through the burning of coal when using wet-lime scrubbers to control emissions.
- Synthetic gypsum is a by-product of various industrial processes, most notably the generation of electrical energy through the burning of coal when using wet-lime scrubbers to control emissions.
- This once ignored material has now become a component of many products such as gypsum plasterboard and cement.
- The global market for this material was seen as stable and growing. In certain regions this is no longer the case though.
- The forces of economy, public sentiment, and regulations are diminishing the picture.
- The market forecast in those regions is one of contraction. Even with those forces in play the overall market by 2029 is forecast to grow to 320 million tonnes, and an approximate value of $1.7 billion.
Our exclusive content:
- World availability of synthetic gypsum with details of the top market drivers and trends
- SWOT analysis on the key end uses
- In-depth information on synthetic gypsum by volume and value, and by region.
What will you discover?
- A complete picture of the overall synthetic gypsum market
- A comprehensive look at the share of synthetic gypsum compared to the overall gypsum market
- Key data on the synthetic gypsum value chain.
What methodology is used?
The Future of Synthetic Gypsum to 2029 is based on extensive primary and secondary research from multiple sources. Interviews were carried out with individuals within major producing companies and other industry participants, including trade associations, to create an unrivalled picture of synthetic gypsum supply at a local level. Additional data was derived from various published sources, including conference papers and corporate information taken from published financial and technical reports, as well as industry organizations and surveys.
Who should buy this report?
- Raw material producers
- Coal-fired power plants
- Equipment and machinery suppliers
- Gypsum processing companies
- Plasterboard and cement suppliers
- Industry consultants and analysts.