The global market for lithium batteries should grow from $22.7 billion in 2018 to $47.4 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
Secondary lithium batteries market should grow from $21.4 billion in 2018 to $45.6 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 16.3% for the period of 2018-2023.
Primary lithium batteries market should grow from $1.4 billion in 2018 to $1.8 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 5.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
Scope of Report:
This report begins with a discussion of primary and secondary lithium battery technologies and markets.
Lithium markets and technology are analyzed associated with the following product categories -
- Portable products
- Computing, smartphones, tablets.
- Wearables (Non-Medical Related/Portable) - Consumer segment only.
- Not implantable.
- Wearables (Medical Related) - Consumer segment only.
- Computer memory preservation.
- Uninterruptible power supplies.
- Load leveling and alternative energy storage.
- Residential energy storage.
- Primary batteries.
- Secondary batteries.
Automotive and motive power
- Industrial electric vehicles (traction).
- Plug-ins and hybrid vehicle motive power (Evs, HEVs and BEVs).
- Automotive security.
- Fleet operations (primarily electric buses).
The report focuses on these areas associated with battery materials:
Electrode materials and active elements
- Cobalt compounds.
- Conductive polymers.
- Copper compounds.
- Electrolytic manganese dioxide.
- Inorganic carbon.
- Lithium metal and compounds.
- Nickel metal and compounds.
- Rare earth compounds.
- Sulfur compounds.
- Vanadium compounds.
Lithium battery electrolytes.
Market segments are defined, leading global companies are identified, and the markets analyzed (including a five-year market projection). Additional chapters provide projection breakdowns by end-use sector, application and region. Chapter 8 provides a broad overview of patent activity and developments, while Chapter 9 provides an overview of market segmentation, a concise overview of key driving factors influencing markets, and additional forecasts associated with individual products.
Lithium battery companies are identified and profiled. Each profile includes points of contact and a discussion of structure, description and activity. These profiles are found in Chapter 10.
- 87 data tables and 66 additional tables
- A detailed overview and an industry analysis of the lithium batteries in terms of markets and materials
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for lithium batteries by major types of batteries, technologies, regions, applications and end-users
- Details pertaining to continuing evolution of electrification of transportation, the increasing use of energy storage systems both institutionally (electric utilities) and within the household (residential) sector, and the impact of innovations in wearable technologies on this market
- Profiles of major market players within the industry, including SAFT, A123 Systems, BASF Battery Materials, Sony Energy Devices Corp., Toshiba and 3M