The global market for superconductivity applications was worth nearly $1.8
billion in 2013 and is expected to approach about $2.0 billion in 2014 and
nearly $4.2 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of
16.4% over the next five years.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for superconductors and related
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014,
and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Analysis of the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for
superconducting applications as the basis for projecting demand over the next
- Estimations of current and future consumption of superconducting materials
and other key enabling technologies.
- Profiles of the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand
because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses trends in superconductivity technology and the global
market for superconductivity applications during the period from 2013 through
- Science, research, and technology development.
- Electric utilities.
- Other applications.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Overview (i.e., definitions, brief history, superconductivity
characteristics, market summary).
- Developments in superconducting technology that are expected to influence
the market through 2019.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology,
application, and end use during the period from 2013 to 2019.
- General assessment of expected technological and market trends in the
- Description of key players in the emerging superconductivity industry.
Andrew McWilliams, the author of this report, is a partner in 43rd Parallel
LLC, a Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm. He
is the author of the previous edition of this report, as well as a number of
other BCC Research market opportunity studies on advanced materials topics,
- AVM078A New Electronic Materials and Device Technologies: Global Markets.
- AVM025G Diamond, Diamond-Like and CBN Films and Coating Products.
- AVM015G High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies.
- AVM038E Advanced Structural Carbon Products: Fibers, Foams and Composites.
- AVM067C Metamaterials: Technologies and Global Markets.
- AVM064A Geosynthetics: Materials, Applications and Markets.
- AVM075C Graphene: Technologies, Applications, and Markets
- EGY053C Advanced Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy: Global
- IAS029C Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets.
- EGY065C Enabling Technologies for the Smart Grid.
- NAN015F Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders.
- NAN021F Global Markets for Nanocomposites, Nanoparticles, Nanoclays, and