The global market for terahertz (THz) radiation devices and systems totaled $58.2 million in 2018. The market should reach $908.6 million in 2024 and $3.5 billion by 2029, growing at compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) of 72.7% and 31.1% from 2019 to 2024 and 2024 to 2029, respectively.
The global market for THz imaging devices totaled $40.2 million in 2018. The market should reach $281.5 million in 2024 and $759.7 million by 2029, growing at CAGRs of 47.3% and 22.0% from 2019 to 2024 and 2024 to 2029, respectively.
The global market for THz accelerating devices should reach $357.0 million in 2024. The market should grow to $1.5 billion by 2029, at a CAGR of 32.8% from 2024 to 2029.
The report addresses the emerging global market for THz radiation devices, including the classes of devices listed below.
- Imaging devices.
- Other sensors.
- Communications devices.
- Computing devices.
- Therapeutic devices.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- General properties of THz radiation.
- Historical milestones in the development of THz radiation devices.
- Emerging and developmental THz radiation technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2029.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology and application during the period 2019 to 2024.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2025 to 2029).
- An overview of the global market for terahertz (THz) radiation devices and systems
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, projections for 2024, potentials for 2029, and compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2029
- Assessment of the technological process that has been made toward bridging the terahertz gap and assessing the commercial potential of THz radiation devices over the next ten years
- Quantification of the potential market for each short-listed THz technology, by application, and identifying the main prerequisites (that are still under development) for commercial success
- Identification of THz applications that are most likely to achieve significant commercial sales by 2029
- Historical milestones in detail for the development of THz radiation devices
- A relevant patent analysis covering terahertz radiation technologies, applications and end uses
- Profiles of major companies producing THz radiation-based products; Key entities including BAE Systems plc, Lockheed Martin Space Systems, M Squared Lasers Ltd., Northrop Grumman Corp., QMC Instruments Ltd., and ThruVision Group plc