The global vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) market should reach $3.6 billion by 2022 from $1.6 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.6%, from 2017 to 2022.
The optical fiber data transmission segment of the global VCSELs market is expected to grow from $391.5 million in 2017 to $808.3 million in 2022 at a CAGR of 15.6% for the period 2017-2022.
The smartphones segment of the global VCSELs market is expected to grow from $290.4 million in 2017 to $764.1 million in 2022 at a CAGR of 21.3% for the period 2017-2022.
This report covers the VCSEL market in terms of:
- Applications: Optical fiber data transmission, analog broadband signal transmission absorption spectroscopy (TDLAS), laser printers, computer mice, biological tissue analysis, chip scale atomic clocks (CSACs) and others.
- Materials: gallium nitride (GaN), gallium arsenide (GaAs), indium phosphide (InP) and others (AlGaAs, InGaAsN, etc.).
- Colors: Red, green, blue-violet, infrared and other colors.
- Geography: North America consists of the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS); the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; the rest of the world (RoW) covers the Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- 50 data tables and 15 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) and related technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Market breakdown by application, materials, and region
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Coherent Inc., Finisar Corp., IQE Plc, Lumentum Holdings Inc., Newport Corp., Philips Photonics, and Schneider Electric SA