The global production of merchant hydrogen should grow from 8.13 million metric tons in 2020 to 13.57 million metric tons by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% for the period of 2020-2025.
The U.S production of merchant hydrogen should grow from 4.88 million metric tons in 2020 to 7.40 million metric tons by 2025 at a CAGR of 8.7% through 2025.
The E.U production of merchant hydrogen should grow from 1.79 million metric tons in 2020 to 3.74 million metric tons by 2025 at a CAGR of 15.9% through 2025.
This BCC Research study focuses on key hydrogen technologies and applications. It provides data about the size and growth of both captive and merchant hydrogen markets, lists company profiles, and discusses patent trends and industry trends. Cutting-edge developments, research priorities and potential business opportunities are key foci.
The report includes the following -
- Investigation and assessment of the future use of merchant hydrogen as an industrial gas and the roles likely played by the emerging hydrogen energy market.
- Analysis of trends in the market, with data for 2019, estimates for 2020 and projected compound annual growth rates through 2025.
- An overview of the structure of the industry and extensive company profiles of the leading organizations.
- Detailed analyses of research focus, end-use markets and production technologies.
- Analysis of patent and intellectual property activity.
- Market drivers, restraints and opportunities.
- Initiatives of various regions to develop the hydrogen economy.
- Analysis of delivery and storage methods for hydrogen.
- A brief overview of the global market for merchant hydrogen technologies within the energy sector
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- State-of-the-art trends observed in fuel cell technology as it is one of the fastest growing segments in the merchant hydrogen application areas and a shift towards Green Hydrogen
- New Federal & States incentives and laws supporting utilization of hydrogen and FCV in the U.S.
- Policy Recommendations from IRENA, and economy diversification measures as apart of hydrogen economy by middle eastern states
- Latest information on market opportunities for merchant hydrogen and its future use as an industrial gas and the roles likely played by the emerging hydrogen energy market
- Industry value chain analysis of the merchant hydrogen energy market providing a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, which could expedite stakeholders in formulating appropriate strategies
- Emphasis on the current and emerging applications of merchant hydrogen and its on-site distributed generation
- Insight into the major breakthrough development areas such as biological processing and localized production, research focus, end-use markets, and production technologies
- Profile description of major market players including Amec Foster Wheeler Ltd., Air Liquide, Iwatani International Corp., Linde Ag, Exxon Mobil Corp., Ceramatec, Hydrogenics Corp., and Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd.