The global market for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) should increase from $74.1 billion in 2020 to reach $102.4 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% during the period of 2020-2025.
The North American market for IVD should increase from $31.1 billion in 2020 to reach $36.9 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.4% during the period of 2020-2025.
The Asia-Pacific market for IVD should increase from $18.5 billion in 2020 to reach $34.8 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 13.5% during the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of this study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technologies involved, market projections and market shares. The emerging markets discussed include countries such as India, China, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, Brazil and Russia, among others. The report also examines IVD market drivers, as well as restraints and challenges affecting its growth. Further, the report also highlights the emerging products and technologies and associated start-ups that are likely to accelerate the growth of the IVD industry through their best practices in the research and development of IVDs. Excluded from this study is diagnostic testing such as imaging, veterinary diagnostics and their associated products.
This study will provide information on these areas -
- Structure and current market size of the IVD market as outlined with forecasts through 2025.
- Impact of chronic diseases, growing and aging populations.
- Current technology and product suppliers and key innovations.
- A look at the IVD industry and trends affecting the market.
- Markets by each segment (immunochemistry, molecular diagnostics, POC tests, clinical microbiology, hematology and tissue diagnostics).
- A global overview showing market data for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America, Africa and the Middle East (LAAM).
- Emerging opportunities and potential investment opportunity areas for IVD.
- Technology patent trends relating to IVD.
- Profiles for more than 20 companies in the industry with significant contributions and market shares.
- 47 data tables and 21 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Assessment of market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and identification of growth inhibiting areas that affect the global market
- Evaluation of market size and forecast, and technological advancements within the industry; and market share analysis of the global IVD market by application, segment and region
- A look at how the rise in the number of diseases like respiratory infections, hospital acquired infections (HAI), and sexually transmitted diseases are creating a constant need for IVD testing in hospitals and laboratories
- Coverage of technologies such as IVD for neglected infectious diseases, chemistry-based portable analysis and discussion on advantages of microfluidic platform based POC tests
- Detailed description on COVID-9 pandemic, including symptoms, and progression; information on coronavirus disease 2019 testing basics and impact analysis of COVID-19 on the IVD market
- Comprehensive company profiles of major market players, including Abbott Diagnostics Inc., Beckman Coulter, Becton, Dickinson and Co., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Roche Diagnostics, Siemens Healthcare and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.