India Water Purifiers Market: Overview
India Water Purifier market is expected to grow with a CAGR over 11.5% during the forecast period 2018-2025 owing to increasing health concerns and consumer awareness about importance of clean water, expanding middle-class population and high concentration of fluoride and arsenic in water. The disposal of industrial waste in rivers has increased the occurrence of water-borne diseases like diarrhea, cholera, and jaundice due to which over thousands of people die annually. According to the recent report published by the World Bank, over 75% of the communicable diseases in India are water related.
Social and environmental pressures result in growing movement for industries to reduce its wastewater and treat it before discharge. Rapid growth of population, land usage, rising economic activities, and climate change are augmenting pressures on the quantity and quality of water resources, deteriorating quality of water. Clean drinking water is the most essential part of a healthy lifestyle but the current condition has made it impossible to get pure water from the available sources owing to this reason, the market is experiencing an unprecedented demand of water purifiers market over the forecast period.
India Water Purifiers Market: Scope of the Report
On the basis of the Technology, the water purifier market offering segment the market is categories as UV Water Purifier, RO Water Purifier, and Gravity-based purifier. Based on the End User market is segmented as household, commercial, and Industrial. On Sales channel basis market is segmented as Direct Retail and On-line. Finally, the report covers the analysis of these segments across North, West, East, and South along with the qualitative analysis for market estimates that boosts the growth of the India water purifier market during the forecast period.
India Water Purifiers Market Analysis: By Technology
- UV Water Purifiers market is expected to grow for the upcoming period owing to its cost-effective factor over other purifiers. UV or ultraviolet, water purification is a technique used to purify water using ultraviolet radiation, which is a type of high-energy light, to inactivate bacteria and disease-causing agents within the water. According to the statistics, Kent constitute 25% market share for UV Water Purifiers market.
- RO Water Purifiers market is the largest market in terms of value during the forecast period owing to its high-pressure filtration process which can remove 90% to 99% of all contaminants. It is the fastest growing technology used in water purifiers. Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification technology that uses a semi-permeable membrane to remove ions, molecules and larger particles from drinking water. Kent dominates the RO purifier market in India.
- Gravity-Based Water Purifiers market is expected to grow with a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to its large scale usage in municipality or corporation water supply. Gravity-based water purifiers do not use electricity instead it uses activated carbon present in water.
India Water Purifiers Market Analysis: By End-Users
- Industrial end-user segment is estimated to grow significantly during the forecast period owing to the growing industrial development and rapid urbanization. The industrial water purifier market is primarily influenced by petrochemicals, oil and gas, power generation, refineries, mining, construction, food and beverage, steel manufacturing, electronics, and pharmaceuticals processing industries which contaminate the water resources.
- Household end-user segment is estimated to grow highest growth rate in terms of value during the forecast period owing to the rising population, rapid urbanization and deteriorating water quality across the globe. It is the largest as well as fastest growing segment. In many developing countries, household requires liters and liters of drinking water per day on the daily basis and are using the traditional method like boiling and straining for water purification. However, increasing cost and time-consuming process for boiling increased the adoption of residential water purifiers which is likely to bring attractive business opportunities for residential water purifier market.
India Water Purifiers Market Analysis: By Sales Channel
- Retail Distribution is the leading Sales channel for the water purifier market in India. Retail stores have high growth potential owing to the presence of large middle-income group further new wave of expansion through the compact store format will favor the water purifiers demand in retail stores.
- Online Suppliers are the fastest growing Sales channel for water purifier market in India. Rapid urbanization and growing internet penetration have resulted in the growth of online sales which will drive the market over forecast period. The purchasing pattern of customers is changing as they do rigorous research online and compare a variety of water purifier filters. The online platform helps consumers compare features, benefits, and prices of distinct brands.
India Water Purifiers Market Analysis: By Region
- Northern Region of water purifiers market accounted the maximum market share in 2018 and it is projected to dominate the Indian market over the forecast period as well. Rajasthan is one of the fluoride and arsenic water chemical affected region, which will badly cause the cleanliness of groundwater, thus it will drive the water purifiers market in the region.
- Eastern region is the fastest growing region for the water purifier market in India due to increasing public concerned about various harmful water diseases like jaundice, diarrhea, and cholera. Moreover, the residential and commercial industry growth backed by per capita income among people in the region will drive the demand of water purifiers over the future period.
India Water Purifier Market: Competitive Dynamics
Companies such as Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Kent RO System Ltd., Ion Exchange, Tata Chemicals Ltd., Hi-Tech RO Systems, Godrej Industries Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Livpure Private Ltd., Essel Nasaka, and Whirlpool India Ltd. are the key players in India water purifier industry. Eureka Forbes and Kent RO are the market leaders in this segment, together accounting for about 50% market share over the projected period.