The packaged water category growth was strongest through grocery channels while on-premise consumption remained slightly more subdued. Growth for alcoholic drinks market continued to be driven by a rapid rise in grocery sales as increasing numbers of controlled states and cities have opened up liquor sales to supermarkets. Pricing for hot beverages was relatively stable for the first time in more than two years.
- The slowdown in cider consumption seen in 2015 continued impacting sales, due to an explosive growth for the new hard soda group of beverages.
- The decline of diet carbonates continued to cause real concern for the industry and insiders began to focus on aspartame as a key issue for consumers.
- The number of consumers apparently switching from milk products to other milk substitute products continued to accelerate over the period and as a consequence dairy products volumes were down.
- In hot beverage market, consumers are now faced with a much wider variety of choices and no longer remain loyal to just one beverage type throughout the day.
Canadean's United States of America Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United States beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United States to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation