Total soft drink consumption in the fourth quarter grew in Q4-16. Packaged water and bulk/hod water continued to be the driver of growth for overall soft drinks. Carbonates performed surprisingly well in the final quarter of 2016. Dairy beverage volumes continued to be eroded in the fourth quarter. Cold brew continues to be one of the hot topics in the beverage market, with new products being rolled out by large and small players alike. M&A activity picked up at the end of 2016, with a few major acquisitions by big players like DPSG and PepsiCo to expand their portfolio of functional, healthy beverages.
GlobalData's USA Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering -
- Top line consumption volumes for Q4-2016 vs Q4-2015, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2016 vs Q4-2015, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017
- Major retailers continue to report solid gains in packaged water, including Private Label.
- In juice sector many new niche areas like cold pressed juice and coconut water are performing strongly.
- In nectars new product developments remained muted outside of some new flavors and packaging variations.
- Most of the top iced/RTD tea drinks brands kept product innovation minimal over Q4 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United States beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United States to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation