The growth rate of cider slowed in 2015, following an increase in 2014. It nonetheless remained the fastest-growing alcoholic beverage category. While much of the drop-off in growth can be attributed to the substantial increase in category volume, consumer interest in ciders is beginning to wane, and the category faces an emerging threat in the form of hard sodas, encompassing beer mixes and flavored alcoholic beverages such as root beer, ginger ale and hard orange soda. These have grown substantially in popularity.
- With consumers increasingly looking for alternatives to traditional, plain apple cider, producers have been experimenting with new flavor variants.
- Brand operators and local producers alike have sought to expand their range of cider operations.
- The category continued to increase at a very high rate in 2015, in comparison to the rest of the alcoholic beverages market.
Canadean's United States Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the United States cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the United States cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the United States cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the United States cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects