Rising inflation and the depreciating Ruble have impacted consumer purchasing power, leading Russian consumers to cut back on eat-out frequency in high-end restaurants. The consumer behavior is shifting from full-service and fine-dining restaurants to low-cost eateries and local cuisine. Furthermore, lack of processed Western foods as a result of implementation of Western Sanctions has created an unexpected health boom among Russians.
- Despite economic and political crisis, the Russian Foodservice market is expected to experience a growth of 4.3% during 2014-2019.
- Falling oil prices and Western sanctions will impact the GDP per Capita while falling demand will push up the unemployment rate.
- Although the Restaurants channel will be most hit by the food import embargo, channel sales will be driven by fast food and local coffee houses.
- Growing private healthcare system in Russia will boost Cost Sector foodservice sales
Canadean's Russian Foodservice: The Future of Foodservice in Russia to 2019 report is a comprehensive analysis of the market with forecasts to 2019. The report gives insights into the latest market trends and sector level analysis that will help foodservice operators to identify growing opportunities in the market. It also covers a brief overview about the key players.
What else does this report offer?
- Macro-economic analyses and trends: GDP per capita, consumer price index, unemployment rate and age profile, which impact the foodservice market. Special focus on consumer, operator and technology trends that affect the performance of the industry
- Foodservice market attractiveness: details and insights into the development of the sector from 2009-2019
- Sector analysis: provides in-depth data on the valuation and development of both profit and cost sectors, details on the number of outlets, transactions, average price, foodservice sales, sales per outlet, and transactions per outlet across nearly 50 sub-channels
- An overview of key players, together with insights such as business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets
- Regulatory scenario insights for foodservice operators in the Russian market
Reasons To Buy
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Russian Foodservice market and to identify emerging/declining markets over the next 5 years.
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about value of the foodservice market across the channels in both the sectors and the underlying factors that are driving the channel sales. For example, the economic crisis led by food import embargo impacted the consumer behaviour and resulted in 2.1% fall in number of transactions to the Restaurants channel in 2014.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the major trends that will shape the foodservice market and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored, resulting in revenue expansion. E.g. rapid development of retail formats - hypermarkets, trade centres and shopping malls is supporting the coffee chains to expand their presence in regional markets beyond major cities.
- Brief overview of the key foodservice companies in Russia with information about their business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets. This will provide a total competitive landscape of the sector.