GlobalData's "FMCG Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2018", examines executives' opinion about the business environment during H1 2018. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
The existing economic environment is stable for the FMCG industry during H1 2018 (February 2018-July 2018). Globally, 40% of respondents indicate a stable economic state in H1 2018; while 46% highlight that the prevailing economic conditions are favorable for the FMCG industry. Increasing implementation of digitalization techniques along the procurement and distribution cycle, a growing e-commerce market, and changing lifestyles in developing markets drive the FMCG market. In H1 2018, 53% of executives expect an optimistic change in consumer confidence. On the other hand, industry executives foresee a 3.7% rise in the price of raw materials. Additionally, new competition and threat of substitute products are important concerns for respondents with business operations in North America.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes FMCG industry executives' opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2018
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2018 among industry executives globally as well as regionally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to spend and invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2018
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 40% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 46% of respondents indicate a favorable economic climate
- Overall, 30% of respondents who operate in South America have favorable or very favorable opinions about the region during H1 2018
- The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in Asia-Pacific and North America
- Of respondents with business operations in Asia-Pacific, 67% anticipate a significant increase in consumer confidence during the next six months compared to the previous six months
- Capital expenditure on green initiatives, and new product development are projected to increase during the next months
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the FMCG industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of FMCG industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2018