The existing economic environment is stable for the FMCG industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2017. Survey results reveal that executives who operate in the Asia-Pacific and North America project a more favorable opinion about economic prospects in the region for H1 2017. In the US, a rise in personal disposable income and household spending, growing consumer confidence, fall in unemployment rate, expected rise in GDP growth rate, and positive prospects for oil prices, are identified as the key contributing factors to this favorable opinion. The FMCG industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development and marketing and advertising in H1 2017. Moreover, executives who operate in North America highlighted a focus on improving operational efficiency over the next six months.
- In total, 44% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 22% of respondents indicated that the economic condition is very favorable or favorable
- The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in Europe
- The majority of respondents with business operations in North America anticipate a significant increase in consumer confidence during the next six months
- Globally, 39% of FMCG industry executives expect an increase of 2% to 5.99% in the supplier prices of ingredients during the next six months
- Industry executives across the globe highlight the increasing tax burden and regulatory issues as pressing economical concerns that are likely to impact their company's performance over the next six months
Global Data's FMCG Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives' opinion about the business environment during H1 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes FMCG industry executives' opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
Reasons To Buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the FMCG industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of FMCG industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017