Indonesia's tourism sector depicted growth during 2010-2015, driven by the tourism Ministries promotional campaigns such as "Wonderful Indonesia". Moreover, the weak Indonesian currency against the US dollar led to rise in domestic trips which reached 255 million in 2015. Tourism promotion in Indonesian cities by countries such as Singapore is the reason that could be attributed for growth in outbound tourists.
- Inbound tourism in Indonesia registered healthy growth during the historic period (2010-2015), with trips increasing from 7 million in 2010 to 9.7 million in 2015. The growth was largely driven by the relaxed visa regulations for countries such as China, and Indonesia's tourism ministry efforts to attract tourists by launching tourism promotions campaigns. Moreover, tie-ups such as with Singapore Airlines (SIA) to promote Indonesian tourism will also support the growth over the forecast period (2016-2020). The weakening Rupiah led to a rise in the domestic trips which totaled 255 million in 2015 while outbound trips stood at 9.4 million. Being a neighbouring country, Singapore and Malaysia are the most preferred outbound travel destinations for Indonesian residents, jointly accounting for 46.6% of the total outbound trips in 2015.
- Under the Ministries tourism campaign "Wonderful Indonesia", in 2016, a three year partnership has been announced between SIA and Indonesia's Ministry of Tourism. The Indonesian tourism ministry aims to attract around 20 million tourist arrivals by 2020 and SIA will support the ministry to achieve its target through this campaign. This partnership will help in advertising and launching campaigns to promote Indonesia as a tourist destination. The plan is also to encourage the tourists to travel to Indonesia through Singapore, from its main inbound markets such as India and China.
- In 2016, to cater the tourism growth, direct flights between Indonesia and India are expected to be launched by the national carrier, Garuda Indonesia. In March this year, to promote tourism and attract more tourists from India, Indonesia participated in an international festival called World Culture Festival, held at India's capital, New Delhi. With free-visa facility to Indians and direct flights between both the countries, Canadean forecasts the tourist arrivals from India to grow at a rate of 12.3% in 2016.
Canadean's report - Travel and Tourism in Indonesia to 2020 - provides detailed information on the country's tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Indonesia's Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travellers
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Indonesia's Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries