Liquid crystal polymers (LCP) exhibit a highly ordered structure in both liquid and solid states. LCP can replace materials such as ceramics, metals, composites, and other plastics, owing to properties such as outstanding strength at extreme temperatures and resistance to virtually all chemicals. Processing of LCPs include various operations such as fiber spinning, extrusion, film casting, thermoforming, injection, compression, and blow molding. Injection molding and extrusion are two dominant processing operations. Global demand for liquid crystal polymer is expected to drive the demand over the forecast period, owing to their application in various industries such as automotive, electrical & electronics, industrial, consumer appliances, medical, aerospace, and bake ware.
Among applications, electrical & electronics industry segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. For instance, according to LARK Technology (U.S.), LCP technology is the future of circuit design and manufacturing of high-performance electronic products. Furthermore, in recent years, LCP finds applications in electronics market such as fifth generation cellular network technology (5G), Radio frequency (RF), and high frequency.
Among regions, Asia Pacific is expected to hold dominant position in the market during the forecast period, owing to presence of majority of liquid crystal polymer manufacturers in the region. The major manufacturers of LCP in Asia Pacific region include Sumitomo Chemicals, Toray International Inc., Polyplastics Co. Ltd., Ueno Fine Chemicals Industry, Ltd., and Shanghai PRET Composites Co. Ltd. Moreover, rapid growth of electronics industry in the Asia Pacific region is expected to drive growth of the liquid crystal polymer market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the India Brand Equity Foundation, Indian appliance & consumer electronics market was valued at US$ 31.48 billion in 2017 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 9% to reach US$ 48.37 billion by 2022.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global liquid crystal polymers market, and provides market size (US$ Billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global liquid crystal polymers market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Celanese Corporation, Polyplastics Co Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., Solvay S.A., Ueno Fine Chemicals Industry, Ltd., and Shanghai PRET Composites Co., Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global liquid crystal polymers market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, Liquid Crystal Polymers manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global liquid crystal polymers market
- Global Liquid Crystal Polymers Market, By Category :
- Main Chain LC Polymers
- Side Chain LC Polymers
- Global Liquid Crystal Polymers Market, By Product Type :
- Lyotropic LC Polymers
- Thermotropic LC polymers
- Global Liquid Crystal Polymers Market, By Application:
- Electrical & Electronics
- Consumer Appliances
- Global Liquid Crystal Polymers Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Celanese Corporation
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Polyplastics Co Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Solvay S.A.
- Ueno Fine Chemicals Industry, Ltd.
- Shanghai PRET Composites Co., Ltd.
"*" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section