A rare condition known as monkeypox is brought on by infection with the monkeypox virus. The smallpox virus and the monkeypox virus both belong to the same virus family. Monkey pox, however, is not as contagious as smallpox. Additionally, the illness has lesser symptoms and is typically not fatal. The major symptom of Monkeypox is rash that may be located on or near the genitals.
Two outbreaks of a condition resembling the pox that were occurring in groups of monkeys being used for research led to the discovery of monkeypox in 1958. Although, skin-to-skin contact with an infected person can sometimes spread the disease, rodent contact with infected humans accounts for the majority of its transmission. The monkeypox virus has two distinct types, one of which originated in Central Africa and the other in West Africa.
The majority of those who contracted monkeypox in the past either resided and visited specific regions of central or western Africa, or exposed to diseased animals imported from such regions. The disease has been identified in residents of several nations, including the U.S., during the 2022 outbreak.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, on August 4 2022 declared monkeypox outbreak as a public health emergency. Due to which there is acceleration in the demand for vaccines and better treatment for monkeypox. Increase in the prevalence of monkeypox disease and increasing demand for vaccines and new treatment for monkeypox is expected to drive growth of the global monkeypox treatment market. For instance, in June 2022, according to the WHO, since 1 January to 22 June 2022, 3413 laboratory confirmed cases and one death have been reported to the WHO from 50 countries/territories in the five WHO Regions. Moreover, 1310 new cases have been reported in eight new countries from regions like African Region, Region of the Americas, Eastern Mediterranean Region and Western Pacific Region.**One death was reported in Nigeria in the second quarter of 2022.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global monkeypox treatment market, market size (US$ Million), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global monkeypox treatment market based on the following parameters - company highlights, types portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and market strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include SIGA Technologies, Inc., Chimerix, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Sanofi SA, and Emcure Pharma, Jinan Jinda Pharmaceutical Chemistry Co., Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global monkeypox treatment market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global monkeypox treatment market
- Global Monkeypox Treatment Market, By Treatment Type:
- Global Monkeypox Treatment Market, By Route Of Administration:
- Global Monkeypox Treatment Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Monkeypox Treatment Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Company Profiles
- SIGA Technologies
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Chimerix, Inc.
- Bavarian Nordic
- Sanofi SA.
- Emcure Pharma
- Jinan Jinda Pharmaceutical Chemistry Co., Ltd.
"*" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.