The mid-IR sensor is an electronic device that emits radiation in order to sense the surrounding object. Mid-IR sensor is capable of sensing only (3 µm to 8 µm) of light spectrum. The increasing demand for mid-IR sensors for gas detection, chemical detection, and others are expected to drive the market growth. Furthermore, key players in the market are rapidly adopting new technologies such as IoT and big data, which will further increase demand for mid-IR sensors over the forecast period.
Increasing demand for mid-IR sensors in the oil and gas industry to detect gas concentration is expected to drive the global mid-IR sensors market growth over the forecast period. Mid-IR sensors are rapidly adopted by oil and gas industries, as they are accurate, gives quick response, and offer contactless measurement and monitoring.
Furthermore, the adoption of mid-infrared lasers has increased in the recent past due to its applications in aviation and space exploration, and medical diagnosis, as it provides high optical transmission with a low signal-noise ratio. Furthermore, the impact of these factors will be high on the emerging economies such as India and China, owing to increasing development of healthcare, IT, and space exploration.
However, high initial cost and bulky nature of mid-IR sensors are expected to hamper the global market growth during the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global mid-IR sensors market, and provides market size (US$ billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2020-2027), considering 2019 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global mid-IR sensors market based on the following parameters - regulatory landscape, company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered in the global mid-IR sensors market include Daylight Solutions, Inc., Structured Materials Industries, Inc., Maxion Technologies, SenseAir, Sofradir, Cascade Technologies, Inc., AdTech Optics, Inc., Block Engineering, LLC, HAMAMATSU PHOTONICS K.K., M-Squared Lasers Limited, Opto-Knowledge Systems, Inc., CMLaser Technologies Inc., Genia Photonics, IPG Photonics Corporation, Coherent, Inc., EKSPLA, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Quantum Composers, Inc., Coractive High-Tech Inc., and others
- The market players are focusing on strategic collaborations to launch new products to meet the increasing needs and requirements of consumers
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology upgradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global mid-IR sensors market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global mid-IR sensors market
- Global Mid-IR Sensors Market, By Type:
- Thermal Mid IR Sensors
- Photon Mid IR Sensors
- Global Mid-IR Sensors Market, By Applications:
- Thermal Imager
- Gas Sensing
- Spectral Sensing
- Chemical Sensing
- Smart Sensors
- Global Mid-IR Sensors Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- Daylight Solutions, Inc.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Structured Materials Industries, Inc.
- Maxion Technologies
- Cascade Technologies, Inc.
- AdTech Optics, Inc.
- Block Engineering, LLC
- HAMAMATSU PHOTONICS K.K.
- M-Squared Lasers Limited
- Opto-Knowledge Systems, Inc.
- CMLaser Technologies Inc.
- Genia Photonics
- IPG Photonics Corporation
- Coherent, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Quantum Composers, Inc.
- Coractive High-Tech Inc.