The study "Sofa market & Recliners in Europe.-Report for 18 countries" analyses the upholstered furniture market in 18 Western European countries providing data on production, consumption, import and export of upholstered furniture and an analysis of both the competitive system and the supply structure. Company information and activity performances for the European top manufacturers in the sofa segment are also provided.
The report also provides short term forecasts of upholstered furniture production and consumption.
For the first time the report includes a focus on the European recliners/motion sofa supply structure.
This Report is the result of :
- over 200 direct interviews to leading upholstery companies and key testimonials conducted both on an online survey and a vis à vis basis.
- processing of macroeconomic and sector statistics from 2011 to 2016
- analysis of sector documentation from CSIL's databases which were created in 1980 and have been updated annually.
The report is structured as follows:
- An executive summary provides a complete and rich presentation of the European upholstered furniture sector, deepening both trends and structure of the market and the competitive system with an independent assessment of the sector performance and prospects for the coming years.
- Chapter I Basic data. Production, consumption and trade, provides an overview of the European upholstered furniture industry and market through updated statistics and through tables, graphs and maps for Europe as a whole and for each country. The data are provided both in value and in volume.
- Chapter II The European sofa competitive system provides rankings of the major European sofa manufacturers, company shares on total upholstery production, breakdown of companies turnover by product specialization, plant localization employees, major European sofa exporters. The chapter also provides companies detailed profile of 15 among the top European players.
- Chapter III The European sofa supply offers an analysis of the typology of products manufactured by the European upholstered furniture manufacturers and tables and information on actors operating in each segment: price ranges (economic, medium, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other material including artificial leather), destination (residential/contract)
- Chapter IV The recliners sofa industry in Europe focuses on the motion/recliner upholstered furniture industry in Europe, by estimating the European production of this segment by country and investigating the main characteristics of the supply, type of mechanisms (manual - power) , number of seats (sofas - chairs), covering materials, prices. Tables with the main European players share on the motion supply and short profiles on the main extra-European manufacturers in the segment are provided. Furthermore a list of recliner mechanisms suppliers is presented.
- Chapter V Analysis by country, Fort each country the report provides an upholstered furniture country report including: country ranking on a world and European basis, the segment basic data 2011 - 2016. Data for production and consumption in value and volumes, imports and exports by country and geographical area. The chapter offers an analysis of the typology of products manufactured by the European upholstered furniture manufacturers and tables and information on actors operating in each segment: price ranges (economic, medium, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other material including artificial leather), destination (residential/contract). For all countries (excluding Greece and Ireland) the report provides a supply structure analysis (price ranges, covering material, residential/contract) and motion/stationery and a ranking by upholstered furniture turnover of major local sofa manufacturers . For all countries (excluding Greece, Ireland and Portugal) the report provides a brief introduction to the country home furniture distribution system, with details about major furniture retailers involved in the sofa business.
- Annex Directories of mentioned manufacturing companies finally provides full contact information on each company mentioned in this Report.
Countries covered: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
European upholstered furniture production amounts to Eur 12 billion registering a 7% increase over 2011, due to a combined effect of a positive performance both on the export and domestic markets, driven in particular by Poland, but also thanks to the recovery in traditional manufacturing countries like. Italy and the UK.
Europe. Upholstered furniture production, 2016.
Poland, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom rank among the top 10 upholstered furniture manufacturers worldwide: they hold a combined share of 15% of world production and almost 75% of European production.
A segment which is increasing its importance in the upholstered furniture industry is the recliner/motion segment that is estimated to account for a relevant share of the total upholstered furniture production, this share varies from country to country and answers to a constantly growing demand.