Asia-Pacific lung cancer therapeutics market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 13.9% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
By Cancer Type (Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Metastatic Lung Cancer, Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Tumors, Mediastinal Tumors, Mesothelioma, Chest Wall Tumors), Molecule Type (Small Molecules, Biologics), Drug Class (Alkylating Agents, Antimetabolites, EGFR Inhibitors, Mitotic Inhibitors, Multikinase Inhibitors, Others), Treatment Type (Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy, Others), Therapy Type (Single Drug Therapy, Combination Therapy), End User (Hospitals, Homecare, Speciality Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online, Others), Country (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows:
- On the basis of cancer type, the non-small cell lung cancer is dominating the global lung cancer therapeutics market. Lung cancer is the second most common cancer type including small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. Amongst these 80 -85% cases are non-small cell lung cancer. This type of cancer grows and spreads more slowly than small cell lung cancer and therefore it is dominating the market.
- On the basis of molecule type, the small molecule segment is dominating the global lung cancer therapeutics market. The small molecule better effects and progression free survival of lung cancer and these agents also inhibit the growth of the metastatic cell. Due to all these reasons they are more preferred than the other types.
- On the drug class, the alkylating drug segment is dominating the lung cancer therapeutics market. This is the first discovered drug for the treatment of cancer. Alkylating directly damage DNA and prevents the cancer cells cell division. The alkylating agent can be used in every stage of cancer. This drug shows pre and post stage. This drug also shows reduced drug accumulation and the increased detoxification.
- On the basis of treatment type, the chemotherapy segment is dominating the lung cancer therapeutics market. Chemotherapy is a traditional process in which drugs are used to kill or inhibit cancerous cells as it is the most accepted treatment. Whereas, targeted therapy is becoming more familiar in the lung cancer sector as these classes of drugs specifically focuses on specific genetic mutations present in the tumor cells.
- On the basis of therapy type, single drug therapy segment is dominating the lung cancer therapeutics market. The single drug therapy is the first evolved therapy used for the treatment of lung cancer. Single drug therapy is dominating the market as it is mostly preferred for the treatment of old age population, patients with poor performance status and patients who are not able to take the combination therapy. Whereas the combination drug therapy is expected to grow in future as many combination drugs are under clinical trials and is expected to launch soon. Also, few studies have shown that combination drugs can have better results as compared to the single drug therapy which will contribute to the growth of the combination therapy in the forecast period.
- On the basis of end user, hospitals segment is dominating the lung cancer therapeutics market. The hospital segment is dominating in the lung cancer therapeutics because hospitals provides many advantages over the other segments which includes, 24hours supportive care, immediate care for the emergency, availability of physicians, surgeons and medication.
- On the basis of distribution channel, hospital pharmacy segment is dominating the lung cancer therapeutics market. Hospital pharmacy is dominating the global lung cancer therapeutics market as the lung cancer therapy products are prescribed based which is majorly available in hospital pharmacy.
Key Market Players:
The key market players for Asia-Pacific lung cancer therapeutics market are listed below:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- ONO PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Company.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- CELGENE CORPORATION
- AMGEN INC.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.