Global Circuit breaker market is expected to reach a CAGR of 7.6% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for the historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
By Product Type(Low Voltage Circuit Breaker, High Voltage Circuit Breaker), External Design(Dead Tank, Live Tank), Location Type(Indoor and Outdoor),Voltage Range(Less than 500V,500V to 1KV, 1KV to 15KV,15KV to 50KV,50KV to 150KV,150KV to 300KV, 300KV to 800KV, Greater than800V),Rated Current(Less than 500A,500A to 1500A,2500A to 4500A,Greater than 4500A),Operating Mechanism(Spring Operated Mechanism, Hydraulic Operating Mechanism, Pneumatic Operating Mechanism, Others), End-User(Industrial, Utility, Commercial, Automotive, Residential, Others), Country (North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Middle East & Africa)
Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows:
- In product type, high voltage circuit breaker segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to high voltage circuit breakers has limit up to 800V and are preferred to use in industrial applications and the high voltage circuit breakers should have IEEE C37 and IEC 62271 electrical standards which govern the ratings, performance, features, and testing.
- In external design, live tank segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to live tank circuit breaker is the circuit breaker are used for substations for the applications where the range of the electric circuit is up to 800kv and is preferred to be used in industrial applications.
- In location, outdoor segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to the voltage limit which is preferred for outdoor applications is up to 33kv, i.e. the medium and high voltage and is preferred to be used in substations and pole mounted applications.
- In voltage range, 1KV to 15KV segment is growing at the highest CAGR as they are preferred to be used in indoor applications, as well in railways for DC and AC applications due to varied power requirements and it would be less costly as maintenance cost would be less.
- In rated current, 500 A to 1500 A segments is growing at the highest CAGR due to the circuit breakers with current range from 500A to 1500A and are preferred to use in photovoltaic applications. The molded case & miniature circuit breakers are preferred to use for the 500A to 1500A applications as it would have less rated current and low braking capability would be require for such rated current circuits.
- In operating mechanism, hydraulic operating mechanism segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to hydraulic operating mechanisms have the characteristics of high hydraulic pressure, high speed, high power and long-term waiting etc., and it is because of the characteristics that the hydraulic operating mechanisms become difficult to be developed.
- In end user, utility segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to the type of circuit breakers used for the utility applications are the low, medium and high voltage circuit breakers. Utility segment consists of the industries which are used for generating the fuels, or power related utilities like power generation, oil & gas, renewable and others and utility circuit breakers are designed to handle the high flow of current as they produce the huge amount of resources.
Key Market Players:
The key market players for global circuit breaker market are listed below:
- Schneider Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- TOSHIBA INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
- Fuji Electric Co
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Powell Industries Carling Technologies
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Ltd
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- MAXWELL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- HAWKER SIDDELEY SWITCHGEAR
- INDUSTRIAL ELECTRIC MFG
- ETA Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH
- Andeli Group Co.,Ltd
- Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co.,Ltd
- Tavrida Electric
- Terasaki Electric Co.,Ltd
- Yueqing Feeo Electric Co., Ltd.