Europe hydrocolloids market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 2.9% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The market report contains data for the historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
By Source (Natural Hydrocolloids, Synthetic Hydrocolloids), Type (Gelatin, Carrageenan, Alginates, Agar, Pectin, Gum, Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), Others), Application (Bakery, Confectionery, Meat & Poultry Products, Sauces & Dressings, Beverages, Dairy Products, Personal Care, Others), Function (Thickener, Stabilizer, Gelling Agent, Fat Replacer, Coating Material), Country (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Rest of Europe)
Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows:
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into gelatin, carrageenan, alginates, agar, pectin, gum, carboxymethyl cellulose and others. The gum is further sub-segmented into gellan gum, guar gum, locust bean gum, Arabic gum and xanthan gum. Gum segment are growing at the highest CAGR because of high consumption of food and bakery products and its wide application and availability at cost effective prices.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into natural hydrocolloids and synthetic hydrocolloids. Natural hydrocolloids are sub-segmented into plant hydrocolloids, microbial hydrocolloids, animal hydrocolloids, seaweed hydrocolloids. The plant hydrocolloids are further sub-segmented into fruit extracts, grain & root extracts and seed extracts, whereas animal hydrocolloids are further sub-segmented into casein from milk and gelatin from skin and bones. Natural hydrocolloids segment is growing at the highest CAGR because of growing demand that attributed to the cost and easy availability of the natural raw materials for hydrocolloids.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into thickener, stabilizer, gelling agent, fat replacer and coating material. The coating material is further sub-segmented into emulsifier and moisture binding agents. Gelling agent segment is growing at the highest CAGR as it is used in providing shape and texture to the food and beverages products. The growing demand of gelling agents can be attributed to the growing demand of bakery and dairy products.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into bakery, confectionery, meat & poultry products, sauces & dressings, beverages, dairy products, personal care, and others. The others are further sub-segmented into baby food and prepared food. Bakery segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to high demand for cakes, muffins and other baked products.
Key Market Players:
The key market players for Europe hydrocolloids market are listed below:
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- CP Kelco
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Daicel Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- SA DE CV Alvarado
- USK KIMYA CORP.
- CAROB S.A.
- Tate & Lyle
- PT. GALIC ARTABAHARI
- Arthur Branwell
- Exandal Corp.