Updated analysis and forecasts based on 2016 company-reported sales.
Pharmavitae Analytics explores Shionogi's prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook, encompassing corporate strategy, marketed portfolio, pipeline potential, and financial performance over 2016-26.
- 2021 outlook - Shionogi will add over $300m in revenue out to 2021 as it expands its market share in HIV.
- 2026 outlook - The company will experience minimal growth out to 2026 as mid-term growth is offset by patent expiries.
- Events - The expansion of the HIV franchise and CNS portfolio will offset the continued erosion of Crestor.
- Shionogi's prescription pharmaceutical sales are forecast to achieve modest growth.
- Shionogi's CNS portfolio will be a major contributor to sales growth.
- New products Tivicay and Triumeq will be the key driver for Shionogi.
- Symproic launch in the US and Japan
- How is Shionogi strategically poised out to 2026?
- What are Shionogi's key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- What are Shionogi's key catalysts over the next four quarters?
Facts and figures:
- What is Shionogi's forecasted sales performance out to 2026?
- What is the revenue trajectory of Shionogi's current top 10 products out to 2026?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of Shionogi based on the lifecycle of products?
Key therapy areas:
- Why will specific therapy areas experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in Shionogi's important therapeutic markets?
- How is Shionogi adapting strategically to internal and external headwinds?