Updated analysis and forecasts based on Q3 2017 company-reported sales.
PharmaVitae explores Amgen's prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook, encompassing corporate strategy, marketed portfolio, pipeline potential, and financial performance over 2016-26.
- Overview - Novo Nordisk continues to dominate the diabetes segment, with approvals of the next-generation insulin FIAsp (ultra fast-acting insulin aspart) and the GLP-1 agonist Ozempic (semaglutide) set to further boost sales.
- Out to 2021 - Novo Nordisk will experience headwinds, especially in the US, as pricing pressure results in steadily declining diabetes sales.
- Out to 2026 - Novo Nordisk is likely to look for alternative therapy segments to source long-term growth as the diabetes market becomes increasingly crowded.
- Pipeline - The highly anticipated oral semaglutide is in Phase III trials, while hemophilia treatment N8-GP is set for approval in 2018.
- Events - Novo Nordisk gained US Food and Drug Administration approval for GLP-1 agonist Ozempic in December 2017, with product launch expected on 1 January 2017.
- Q3 2017: Novo Nordisk's Q3 2017 sales are up by 2%.
- Despite headwinds in the US diabetes market, Novo Nordisk will continue to dominate the global metabolic market.
- Novo Nordisk's hematology segment will contribute a comparatively modest proportion of total sales, despite approval of new medicines over the forecast period.
- N9-GP updated to Rebinyn.
- Oral semaglutide (NN9924) added.
- Saxenda added.
- Semaglutide changed to Ozempic.
- Explore and visualize revenue dynamics in Amgen's portfolio out to 2026 using 10-year in-house sales forecasts segmented by the following sections.
- How is Novo Nordisk strategically poised out to 2026?
- What are Novo Nordisk's key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- What are Novo Nordisk's key catalysts during the current year?
Facts and figures:
- What is Novo Nordisk's forecasted sales performance out to 2026?
- What is the revenue trajectory of Novo Nordisk's current top 10 products out to 2026?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of Novo Nordisk based on the lifecycle of its products?
Key therapy areas:
- Why will specific therapy areas experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in Novo Nordisk's important therapeutic markets?
- How is Novo Nordisk adapting strategically to internal and external headwinds?