PharmaVitae explores Teva's prescription pharmaceutical performance and outlook over 2017-27. PharmaVitae analyses include quarterly earnings coverage and provide timely updates to company product forecasts. The full company profile encompasses analysis on corporate strategy, portfolio analysis, pipeline potential, and financial performance.
- Overview - Teva will look to build on the launches of Austedo and fremanezumab to counter the company's heavy debt burden and erosion of Copaxone by generics.
- Key themes -  Growth will come from Teva's specialty medicines business  Teva is financially restricted by its large debt burden accrued through the acquisition of Actavis Generics  Copaxone sales will continue to fall as generics erode its market share.
- Out to 2022 - Teva sales will shrink by $521m as Copaxone revenue diminishes.
- Out to 2027 - Teva will begin to grow its revenue by adding $1.2bn due to fremanezumab and Austedo sales.
- Pipeline - Teva is developing biosimilars of Rituxan and Herceptin.
- Events - In May 2018, the FDA extended the approval date of fremanezumab to September 2018. Analysis structure
- Explore and visualize revenue dynamics in Teva's portfolio out to 2027 using 10-year in-house sales forecasts segmented by the following sections.
- What were the major highlights from Teva's latest earnings call and quarterly performance?
- How is Teva strategically poised out to 2027?
- What are Teva's key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- What are Teva's key catalysts during the current year?
- Why will specific therapy areas experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the detailed competitive dynamics at play in Teva's important therapeutic markets?
- How is Teva adapting strategically to internal and external headwinds in preceding quarters?
Facts and figures
- What is Teva's forecasted sales performance out to 2027?
- What is the revenue trajectory of Teva's current top 10 products out to 2027?
- Which therapy areas will experience the largest growth and decline?
- What are the portfolio weightings of Teva based on the lifecycle of its products?