DelveInsight's 'Acromegaly - Epidemiology Forecast-2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Acromegaly, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Acromegaly trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Acromegaly Disease Understanding
Acromegaly is a hormonal disorder that results from the availability of excessive growth hormone (GH) in the body, which is produced by the pituitary gland (a small gland in the brain). In acromegaly, the pituitary produces an immoderate amount of GH, which is resulted from benign or non-cancerous tumors on the pituitary. These benign tumors are called Adenomas. Pituitary Adenomas are classified by WHO classification by the combination of two main histopathological features: the hormone content of the tumor cells, as assessed by immunohistochemical stains (IHC) and ultrastructural features of the tumor cells.
One of the most common signs of Acromegaly is enlarged hands and feet. Because Acromegaly tends to progress slowly, early signs may not be readily apparent for several years.
Acromegaly Epidemiology Perspective by DelveInsight
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly, Origin Specific Cases of Acromegaly, and Diagnosed Cases of Acromegaly Based on Type of Adenomas scenario of Acromegaly in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Acromegaly Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the prevalent cases in the 7MM were 64,508 in 2017.
- The diagnosed patient pool in the 7MM comprised 49,814 patients in 2017.
- In the case of the United States, the prevalent population was estimated to be 28,671 cases in 2017.
- In the US, the diagnosed cases of Acromegaly based on types of Adenomas were 18,349 of macroadenomas and 4,587 of microadenomas in 2017.
- In the Origin based segmentation of Acromegaly in 2017, 21,790 cases were originated at the Pituitary Tumor and the remaining 1,147 Acromegaly cases were from Non-Pituitary Tumor, in the US.
- In the EU5, the highest prevalent cases were reported to be in Germany followed by the United Kingdom and France whereas the lowest prevalence rates were reported in Spain from 2017 through 2030
- Japan was reported to have 10,690 prevalent cases in 2017.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Acromegaly, explaining its etiology, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, genetic basis, and currently available therapies.
- The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Acromegaly.
- The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population.
- The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for 7MM by Total Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly, Origin Specific Cases of Acromegaly, and Diagnosed Cases of Acromegaly Based on Type of Adenomas.
- 11-Year Forecast of Acromegaly
- 7MM Coverage
- Total Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly
- Origin Specific Cases of Acromegaly
- Diagnosed Cases of Acromegaly Based on Type of Adenomas
Key Questions Answered
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Acromegaly?
- What is the historical Acromegaly patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Acromegaly at the 7MM level?
- What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Acromegaly?
- Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Acromegaly during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
Reasons to buy:
The Acromegaly report will allow the user to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM Acromegaly epidemiology forecast.
- The Acromegaly epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and Ph.D. level epidemiologists.
- The Acromegaly epidemiology model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the eleven-year forecast period using reputable sources.
- Patient Segmentation
- Disease Risk and Burden
- Risk of disease by the segmentation
- Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030